• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

BIO Jack Bacon

jack Bacon

Silver Level Sponsor
I'm Jack Bacon and live in Loretto, Minnesota just west of Minneapolis. I have been married for 36 years to my wife Chris and have two sons and one grandson Lucas. My older son Andy is an IT expert and keeps my computer running while my younger son is a mechanic and is a great help when working on the Alpine. Besides British cars, I like vintage racing, genealogy tracing my English roots, golf and model railroading.

I own a Carnival Red Series II Alpine and am slowly upgrading different parts of the car as time and money allow. I attend as many car shows as I can with some of the other Alpine owners in town. We are trying to bring more exposure to the Sunbeam & Rootes marque and many people that see our cars remark about having owned an Alpine and how much fun it was to drive.

I am currently the President of the Upper Midwest chapter with about 100 Sunbeam owners in our 5 state area of North & South Dakota, Minnesota, Iowa and Wisconsin. A few years ago, I purchased an Alpine parts car and in the trunk found a newsletter and membership list from the Midwest Sunbeam Registry. Back in the 1982, a new club the Midwest Sunbeam Registry was formed hear in the Twin Cities and had about 65 members owning Alpines, Tigers, Imps, Talbots, Harrington Lemans and Harrington Alpine. I did a lot of detective work and calling all the old club members and found that 12 people still had their Alpines. Thus, began a lot of new friendships and the formation of the Upper Midwest Chapter.

I would like to see the current website expanded with the input of our talented membership and officers. I would also like to expand and develop the number of chapters across the country and have more exposure for the marque.

I would like to see the return of the club newletter, a tool lending program, a book and video lending library, a larger regalia store to name just a few.

A special thanks to all the people that have helped me find parts for my Alpine and the great friends that I have met at the last two Invasions.