• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Best practice nylon fuel line to fuel pump-help

Mjbeanie

Bronze Level Sponsor
Guys,

Maybe this is obvious, but wanted some advice anyway.

What is safest most secure "best practice" to connect nylon fuel line to fuel pump.
1967 Stock Sunbeam Alpine Mark V photo below.
Thanks
MIke G.

Attachments

• IMG_3472a.jpg
    IMG_3472a.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 75

Alpine66

Donation Time
That fitting sort of reminds me of the no clamp fuel line to injector hose fitting on my xjs v12 from years back.

I agree with rooted, that is no compression fitting.
frankly I would not use it as I doubt you could get a good seal even with a clamp.

Mjbeanie

Bronze Level Sponsor
thanks for help

Previous owner used a piece of flex line rubber fuel line over the hose barb and over the nylon line, with hose clamps. Looked very "sketchy"! photo attached

-Anyone have a photo they could share of this connection?
Is the fuel pump female side really a flare fitting?

I have a nylon tube compression to threaded fitting at pump side but it is not a flare fitting.

Thanks again

Attachments

• IMG_3483.JPG
    IMG_3483.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:

SoCal'beaming

Donation Time
Here ya' go! ....

...... David

Attachments

• fuel line comp.fitting 001.jpg