• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

bell housing cover

bobbo

Gold Level Sponsor
Ready to install the engine. But does the bell housing lower IMG_2788.JPG cover get used when the aluminum finned oil pan is exchanged for the stock metal pan? picture attached.

bobbo

Gold Level Sponsor
Thanks RR. I'll go ahead and drop in the engine /trans. Worried if I did without the cover I might have to pull things apart again.
Pheww!!

Jay Laifman

Donation Time
Wow. I have to admit I'm not aware of that aluminum sump. What's the story on them? What car did they come from? Are they the angled sump from the later angled engines?

RootesRooter

Donation Time
Yes, they were installed on the later, angled engines from the Arrow Range with aluminum heads. Cast iron headed engines got the steel pan.

Jay Laifman

Donation Time
Ahh. Yes, I guess I was aware of them in the cobwebs of my mind. Thanks.

I guess I might wonder if the angle could increase the risk of low oil during a hard corner.