• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Battery cut out

Chuck Ingram

Donation Time
I just finished making a remote battery cut out
The Lister had a very small drain on the battery. Did all the proper stuff re finding a short.some times after sitting for a while the battery would be like dead. Could be me moving it too much and it not charging enough but seriously doubt that. Took a solenoid I had. Split the positive cable from the battery.
Then I had a switch that I wired into the console.The switch is in the console which can be locked. Works good.Saves checking every wire which will most likely get done in the late late fall. Like just beforehand snow.

RootesRacer

Donation Time
Now that you have installed the cut out, you can put an ammeter across the cut out switch and measure your drain current to see if it is real.