• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Badge fonts

alpine_64

Donation Time
What fonts did rootes use for:

The badges in the sheilds ie: "rooes 1725", "series IV" etc...
the scripts for "alpine" and Tiger"
and the "sunbeam" script

gordonra

Donation Time
I created duplicate of the badge graphic on my Series V a while back in Photoshop, but the file is too big to post here. The font is Arial, but it's stretched a bit.

If anyone would like the original file I created, send me your email address.....

Rich

gordonra

Donation Time
I did this so long ago that I had to go back and look, but you are right.....

See the original scan and the version I made:

Rich

alpine_64

Donation Time
Rich, Steve,

thanks for your replys. Its interesting to see that it does not seem to be a comon font, i am wondering if maybe a graphic designer at rootes made it for the badges?

Looking at a few of the badges, it seems that the ROOTES 1725 badge may use a different font in the lettering to the "sunbeam V8", "powered by ford 260" and "alpine 260" badges on the tigers. I wonder who we could ask to identify the font? Also some of the rrepros i have seen do not look correct.