• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Bad Syncro Ring?

Ashfried

Donation Time
Ok, just an update on my gearbox.
So it wasn't any of the things I thought it could be. It ended up being a $7.75 nut (ss page 9 #25, pt# T1217970) backing out and eating my 3 RD-4 TH SYNCHRO HUB. A very expensive nut! I had the entire Transmission and overdrive rebuilt and a new clutch while they were at it. It should have been all done a couple weeks ago, but had to go back a couple times because of leaks. Thank God that drama is over. So my baby is back. When this all happened I had just put it up for sale. I am glad it didn't go bad on the future owner, but that was a big hit. Such is life. If you ever have to redo your Trans, make sure you have that nut tight for life.