• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

B post caps

jmthehermit

Donation Time
Can anyone tell me why there are two different designs of the B post cap? Here is a picture of the two types showing the wide and slim designs. Is the difference due to the metal top covers, GT style interiors or early or late production? Thanks in advance, Jeff

alpine_64

Donation Time
Can anyone tell me why there are two different designs of the B post cap? Here is a picture of the two types showing the wide and slim designs. Is the difference due to the metal top covers, GT style interiors or early or late production? Thanks in advance, Jeff

Jeff,

The slimmer ones are off the Sv MKIA/II Tiger, they ammended the design so that the door top doesnt catch the B post and take the paint off... the SV's are much better design, the S3/IV style are nicer looking.

jmthehermit

Donation Time
Thanks Michael, that cleared it up quick, nice and simple. I really do like the wider style cap though. Maybe a set will find their way onto my Tiger, just to add another small personal touch to my car. Jeff