• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Astro Hardtop

djo57

Donation Time
Eric, not sure if they made them with hinges, does yours have a place for them? The one on eBay (mine, and yes--with shipping from CA to PA I have quite a bit more in it than I'm asking) has four bolts that hold the panel on, which you remove for access to the spare tire/trunk.

65beam

Donation Time
something i 've been wondering is how it fastens onto the car . i see fasteners at the windshield frame and at the b post .are there other spots that it fastens ? and how does it seal to the body ? knowing how the factory hardtops eat into the paint ,this makes me wonder what it would do to the paint . i remember one car in columbus with a top similar to this ,but that was in the late 60's . eric, tell me how it fastens !

Jim E

Donation Time
Jan will you pick it up and stick it somewhere til I can get it if I buy it?

Only thing is it looks to be square corner and my 3 is of course round corner

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Bob W. and djo57:
The top fastens with J shaped hooks like the Parrish plastic top. Besides the front and the B post areas there are also two alloy tabs on the sides near where the bottom of the rear window is that I assume are for two other J hooks to fasten to. There are rubber seals along the sides of the top where it would fit on the body to prevent paint damage. Remember most of the top in the rear fits into the channel of the boot lid and follows it along the sides and across the bottom. My rear panel has indentations and holes to fit hinges but I don't have the hinges. I will post some photos in a day or so. Anyone else have one of these? Eric

alpine_64

Donation Time
Jan will you pick it up and stick it somewhere til I can get it if I buy it?

Only thing is it looks to be square corner and my 3 is of course round corner

Easier to round the corners off on one than make them sqaure.

agmason

Donation Time
Well, it is not very useful and expensive to buy so that may explain the lack of interest. You have no access to the trunk other than reaching over the seats, rear shelf, read deck. What do you do with the trunk lid and top since they have to be removed? Plus, looking through the back window all you see is a gaping hole where the trunk lid use to be. I can't imagine that they sold to many of these so they must be rare!

Jim E

Donation Time
I really want this top but just got the bill for property tax on the rentals so I got to take a pass for now.

dmich2

Donation Time
Didn't Ian have 2 of these hanging in his shop?? I thought I saw them at the Invasion.

Dennis

lgurley

Donation Time
I really want this top but just got the bill for property tax on the rentals so I got to take a pass for now.
I buy property tax at the auction locally. In my state they can't take the property until it is three years delinquent. What the heck? This is Sunbeam stuff we are talking about.

66Tiger

Donation Time
I think like a number of people here...if the top on Ebay would have been within driving distance I would have loved have purchased it.

Paul