1. Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Dismiss Notice

Armed Guards or Watch Dogs?

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by Silver Creek Sunbeam, Feb 8, 2022.

1. Silver Creek Sunbeam

Silver Creek Sunbeam Platinum Level Sponsor

Are you going over this year?

2. Bill Blue

Bill Blue Platinum Level Sponsor

I am at the wiring stage of the new car. Wiring it with a dash switch that will kill everything except the clock and courtesy lights. Hot wiring the ignition has zero impact.

Bill

3. Silver Creek Sunbeam

Silver Creek Sunbeam Platinum Level Sponsor

I changed over to an electric fuel pump this past summer and wired an inline kill switch, as well as an inline fuel flow cutoff that I can access from just forward of the cross pipe, under the back of the car, without raising the car. I hadn’t thought about it at the time but I guess I was installing an anti-theft device. Lol

4. studmobile

studmobile Diamond Level Sponsor

Would it make sense to also leave an Apple Air tag or similar in an unobtrusive place? Would do nothing to keep it from being stolen, but might give you a fighting chance to recover it.