• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Are you enduring shortages?

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Not yet. Our fridge died a month or so back, got immediate delivery of a replacement. The dealer said his inventory of replacements was somewhat thin, he could not offer as wide a selection as he would like. This was due to an industry wide scarcity of cyclo pentane, which is used to blow insulation. However, we got a satisfactory replacement and an induction range to boot.

On a daily basis, I have no issues. I have been able to get whatever I want. USPS delivery of packages is very bumpy, sometimes setting in the originating office for several days. But that is due to old fashioned mismanagment. While there does not seem to be a shortage of competing products, Barb says some brands of cat food are impossible to find, as is Marzetti's slaw dressing. The problem here is that in our estimation, there is no real competitor for Marzetti's, just other dressings.

Bill

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks for sharing that, Don. It is a well done reminder of how complex and interconnected the world has become.