• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

April 1st-3rd 2022 Sunbeam Invasion/SOS Columbia, South Carolina

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Save the date and make your hotel reservations soon!
Annual Sunbeams of the South (SOS) and SAOCA Sunbeam Invasion
April 1st– April 3rd 2022
Car Show is on Saturday April 2, 2022

Get those Sunbeams ready! We are planning on having a large turnout of Sunbeams in the spring at our annual SOS in Columbia, SC. Our host motel is booked and the dates are set. If you have a car that you are working on you have a few months left to get it ready. All Sunbeams and Rootes vehicles are welcome-no matter what condition!

Bring Parts to Sell!!!! Huge parts room will be available!!!!

Event: Tartan Day South – Fun For Everyone! This is not the link to the car show but a link to the Tartan Day South Festival that we are tied to for the weekend. There are usually 10,000 visitors to this event. This is located at a historic racetrack in Columbia SC. We are given a large section in the infield to display our cars alongside over 120 other British cars. With all the festival activities and food it makes for a great weekend for the whole family.

Sponsoring Club: Home | British Car Club Midlands Centre (bccmc.com) This is our home British Car Club that puts this event on. Please watch for the registration forms to be put on the site for early registration.

Host Motel: The Wingate Inn -Wingate by Wyndham Columbia / Lexington | Lexington, SC Hotels (wyndhamhotels.com) We have discounted rates at $109.00 per night for this weekend at The Wingate. They have been our host motel for a few years. Please call 1-803-957-5000 and use the code word British Car Club to get your discounted rate.

Agenda:

Thursday 3/31/22– Early arrival no events planned but fellowship with other Sunbeamers.

Friday 4/1/22 (APRIL FOOLS DAY) Arrival of Sunbeamers, Set-up of the parts room, pizza party in the parts room and guest speakers on a couple Sunbeam tech tips and other topics.

Saturday 4/2/22 Tartan Day Festival with Car Show at Columbia Motor Speedway 8:30 – 3:30. Dinner at Hudson’s BBQ at 7:00pm.

Sunday 4/3/22 Departure of our Sunbeamers

Agenda is subject to change for the better as we are working on details now.
Todd Smith (803)397-5556 alpine1963@aol.com
Eric Gibeaut (803)408-0206 sunbeams@sc.rr.com

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
Latest update
I just met with our local British car club and we talked about the upcoming show on April 2nd. Quite a few registrations for that show have already arrived so if you have not registered yet, please get yours in the mail-this will be a big event! Also most of the hotel rooms that we had blocked are already booked now due to many out of town British (and not just Sunbeam owners) car owners making reservations at the same hotel.
So if you have not reserved a room yet please do so soon.
It will be great to see everyone again!

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
When you register for the British car show to be held on April 2nd there are 3 Sunbeam classes on the registration form.
#25 Sunbeam Alpine, #26 Sunbeam Tiger, and #27 Rare Rootes (Hillmans, Imps, Harringtons, Talbots, and other obscure Rootes cars!). The sponsoring club forgot to add the Modified Sunbeam class which is where V6 Alpines were placed in previous shows. Instead use the Special and Modified Class #35 when you fill out the registration form.
http://www.bccmc.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/BCCMC-2022-Car-Show-Registration-Form.pdf
And please register early and you will save a few dollars too!

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
We've made the "final" decision to attend. The only unknown is what to drive. Will it be the the '69 or a Subaru Legacy? Only Mother Nature know for sure.

Bill

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
It will be good to see you both again! So far I have heard from nearly 20 folks in seven states saying they will be there and they are bringing some interesting cars too. If I have not heard from you please PM me and let me know so we can do our planning. Don't miss all the fun and the first Invasion we have had in over two years. Thanks, Eric

DaveSeries1

Silver Level Sponsor
Eric, Deb & I will be coming. Our first meet, car is still on the rotisserie, and will not be with us. Will be bringing some odd parts to sell too. Dave

PawPaw

Silver Level Sponsor
My wife and I are looking forward to meeting new friends. Will have some parts for trading. I've had my series 1 since 1978. I got flooded and I have retired and it is now under construction.

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks to all for letting me know you will attend. As of last week there are 10 Sunbeams from 5 states who have registered with our local British car club for the show on April 2nd so far.
Get those registrations in and join us for a great weekend!

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
Big showing of Sunbeams and happy owners coming to this event! About 20+ cars so far. Our all day swap meet at the host hotel will be a big one too. Several folks bringing pick up trucks full of parts to sell. Come join the fun-car or no car!

Knightowl61

Gold Level Sponsor
The registration & check are in the mail. Wife won't be coming but youngest daughter will (next generation of Sunbeam enthusiasts).
May bring a van load of parts (see for sale section) and looking for better parts to restore a series 3.

Shannon Boal

Platinum Level Sponsor
Check and application, in the mail....Deb and I will be there, with bells on.... Thanks to Barb & Bill Blue, for the nudge! Shannon

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
Yesterday's count from the sponsoring British car club
107 total British cars
26 Sunbeams
And Todd and I know of 4 more that are coming and not registered.
And the Boals make a total of 31!
There are 33 MG's registered so far so I bet we will outnumber them....
The fun starts just a week from tomorrow!

Shannon Boal

Platinum Level Sponsor
By the way, am looking for a tachometer for our series V. The unit in the dash was a 3" tach from J.C. Whitney....

absunbeam

Platinum Level Sponsor
Barb and I will be there with an extra popup canopy for the masses. Since canopy’s cannot fit in an Alpine/Tiger trunk be glad to share, will be good to see old friends and meet new ones.

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
Todd is bringing two 10x10 tents that will be side by side. Bring chairs to sit in and something good to eat and share with everyone for Saturday at the show.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Got back confirmation of my registration from Donna S, this past Friday. Looking for some good fellowship from friends and new comers alike:)