• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Anyone try this?

alpine_64

Donation Time
Firstly.. No not tried it.. Secondly.. If you rebuilt your head in the last 20 years you should have used modern hardened valve seats.. So as long as you run premium unleaded... Should be no nned for anything else.

The factory valve seats can also handle unleaded as long as you arent hammering around above 3000rpm all the time

nsbluenose

Silver Level Sponsor
Looks like 'snake oil' to me. There would be no control over consistency using this. I assume this product supposedly releases lead into the fuel, so if you were out cruising for the day and burned a tank of fuel you would get a certain amount of lead absorbed into the gasoline. Now if you filled up after your run and the car set a few days, a week then the gasoline would have more time to absorb more lead than by quickly going through a tank full during a run.
Just my opinion.

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Almost all my old motorcycle guys say there was so much lead in the fuel back in the day, it's still stuck in your motor.
Plus one on the snake oil comment.

Barry

Diamond Level Sponsor
A classic example of snake oil. The eBay listing states that the active ingredient is "a tin amalgam" which means an alloy of mercury and tin. I have not seen anything to suggest that mercury, tin or a mercury-tin alloy have any useful anti-knock properties. In addition, neither mercury nor tin nor a mercury-tin alloy are soluble in gasoline, so there is no way for the snake oil to get to the combustion chamber.