• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Anyone try this type of carb.

jdoclogan

Platinum Level Sponsor
516S NEW UNIVERSAL CARBURETOR WEBER SOLEX TYPE 2 BARREL 34X34 JEEP FIAT FORD | eBay

Would it bolt on?
34x34 would get better mpg than a 38x38 and still get more power than a 32x36 before the second barrel kicks in.

Just read the negative feedback https://www.ebay.com/fdbk/feedback_profile/evalero1?q=123758336571&_trksid=p2047675.l2560
Made in China

I'm not certain why anyone would be concerned about mileage unless you intend to make this your daily driver. If that's the case more power to you. I've used the Jeep 38/38 on my Series III for years and never had a problem. Set it and forget it. Just enjoy the increased performance.

nsbluenose

Silver Level Sponsor
Pierce Manifolds do not list a 34/34. They do list 32/36 and 38/38. As RootesRacer says get a real Weber. You'll get access to jets and replacement parts that fit plus a good carb,

Scotty

Silver Level Sponsor
If you're going to go in the direction of something different, get a solid line on replacement parts before even considering buying this.

It's cheap for a reason and I'd be concerned with the overall quality. Cheap is good for many things, devices built to run things gasoline aren't one of those things worth being cheap on.

People here know the Weber. The Weber has been done a zillion times and the kinks, the parts, the mods, the advice is already there for you. Same with the Zeniths. Same with a few others. I've never heard of a 34/34 and have no idea what you'd be in for with that.

I just did an Alternator mod and I would have been f-k'd if the folks here and Tom H's amazing instructions didn't have my back. Sometimes the money you're saving is the one thing that screws you over in the end. I've been there, I've done that and now I spend the money and I'm happy it all works.

If I had to go it alone and picked some no-name Alternator off the shelf that no one else is using, a LOT of things could have gone wrong and I could have damaged my car or myself. It's not worth it.

Money spent on your car is an INVESTMENT. Time is also an investment. You can get more money, you can't get more time. Protect your investments.

Last edited: