• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Anyone for Ice cream?

A

alpineiv

Vic,

I note that the van has Queensland plates. I certainly have fond memories of the Mr Whippy vans passing our house in Brisbane during the 60s. The only tune they ever played was "Greensleeves".

sunbeammadd

Donation Time
That looks like the one that was featured in an article in my local paper a while back.

<Homer Simpson> Mmmmm, Rootes ice cream. ghghghhghghhg </Homer>

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
Mr. Whippy..huh ? Quite an interesting name, Where's the lady of the house??

tom J

A

alpineiv

Well Tom,

I guess it refers to "Whipped cream", but lets not go there :D

lemansvk

Donation Time
Vic,

I note that the van has Queensland plates. I certainly have fond memories of the Mr Whippy vans passing our house in Brisbane during the 60s. The only tune they ever played was "Greensleeves".

Brian,

Yes, Robby, the proud owner is from up there somewhere, Hervey Bay I think. I too associate these with hot summer days in the early 1960s, and "Greensleeves"

Cheers, Vic

PaulK

Gold Level Sponsor
Vic
Do you think this proud owner would like or mind us putting these photos in our web photo album?

Could you supply some info on the Karrier, year and location and owners name.

Paul

lemansvk

Donation Time
Paul,

I think he'd be OK with that, but I shall ask him and get back to you when I hear.

Cheers, Vic

lemansvk

Donation Time
Hi Paul,

I just heard back from the Karrier owner (his name is Robby Staff) and he is happy for you to feature the Mr Whippy ice-cream van on the club website. He did ask that you mention that it's his, and that it still works 5 to 7 days a week, in Hervey Bay, Queensland, Australia.

Do you need me to send you the pics or will you just download them from Photobucket?

Oh, and do you want some pics of my Humber Vogue for the Humber section? (it was called a Singer Vogue everywhere but Australia)

Cheers, Vic

PaulK

Gold Level Sponsor
Thanks Vic
I am able to get them off Photobucket and will get them posted tomorrow evening with his information.
That is great to see him able to use his truck every day in a business. ;)

Paul