1. Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Dismiss Notice

Another V6 SV Alpine

Discussion in 'Modified Alpine' started by absunbeam, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Beamin

Beamin Platinum Level Sponsor

Doesn’t Classic Sunbeam have them?

2. DanR

DanR Diamond Level Sponsor

I bought a pair of the ones with the holes from Curt at Classic Sunbeam. Made the others.

3. Rsgwynn1

Rsgwynn1 Silver Level Sponsor

How are things going, Ol' Dan? Any further progess on Green #1 or #2)? I'm loving my MGB but could still be drawn over the the dark side.

Shoot me an email.

San Gwynn
    rsgwynn1@cs.com

Attached Files:

4. absunbeam

absunbeam Gold Level Sponsor

Currently putting power steering on my 62 Galaxie convertble with a tri-power and long exhaust header. Just finshed that and next is a top.
    Enough of that now back to the SV, still need to get the cutouts, driveshaft, trans tunnel fitted. Tires are coming from Coker and picking them up @ Iola in July, put on the rims I got from Bill Bulpit. Be nice to get it off the skates!
    Have our passports for the trip to the United in Canada.

5. absunbeam

Not a Sunbeam, only twice the weight and almost twice the length. The 20 year project almost done.
    Al

Attached Files:

65sunbeam, DanR and watisit like this.
  6. watisit

watisit Diamond Level Sponsor

Ticks all my boxes...... very nice! Cheers Jason

absunbeam likes this.
  7. absunbeam

Update got the carb spacer machined removing the smog ports and lowering it about an 1.37. Will look alot better. Also got the drive shaft sent out to Elkhorn Drive shaft. They have to order the Front/ rear flanges about 2 weeks to finish & balance.
    . ACC06FC6-240B-4BF0-93B5-9C2D32CA3A34.jpeg 65C0F0BB-7660-46D3-8CC0-1187B0368254.jpeg 292A5BC8-B23A-4F17-91B8-AD5E27F81559.jpeg
    Exercised the Tiger this morning, they sure need to be driven!

8. absunbeam

Got the tires mounted on the rims from Bill Bulpit, good to finally get it on the ground. Now if can get the driveshaft back that be another thing off the list. 6B15F73E-19DE-472D-A95E-585A4561F14B.jpeg 154BCC60-D408-42C9-BD74-67C2CEC19093.jpeg

Series6 likes this.
  9. absunbeam

Just got back from the United in Canada, Chris Lunn (Britishmetal)had the exhaust cutouts for the frame. He also makes trunk and rocker panel pcs also, good source for sheetmetal.

10. sunalp

sunalp Diamond Level Sponsor

Do you have a better contact for Chris Lunn? I did a search for britishmetal and came up with mostly
    heavy metal bands (as in music).

11. absunbeam

Here is his card, did the same search, don’t associate Chris with a Brit head banger!

Attached Files:

12. sunalp

sunalp Diamond Level Sponsor

Thanks! I'll either call him or email.
    Cheers!
    Steve

13. absunbeam

Steve-Hope that works out for you.
    FYI- I did get the driveshaft back three days before going to the United only took 3 months instead of 2 weeks. Turned out to be a supply chain issue. Sounds like the going thing but its in the Alpine and fits.
    Saw an Alpine at the United that had original rubber floor mats with no wear, would love to find a set instead of carpet, just my preference. Believe it or not they are getting as rare as Mk2 parts just don’t see them(hope they are not as pricey). If anyone has a set let me know.-Al

14. alpine_64

alpine_64 Donation Time

Be VERY careful.. When you turn left, especially if there is a despression the leading edge of the tyre turning in will grab and damage the wheel arch lip....thats the reason people roll or trim the front valance .... Happened to many cars.. If you are turning Right the tyre will just rub and make a noise as it will hit the face of the tread... But if turning in it grabs and pulls it.....

Trust me... Not fun

15. absunbeam

Thanks for that Mike. Trimmed a bit off the valence for clearance, being that at some time it would need replacing or repaired. The rim is 6 “wide which is pushing the limit, had a talk with Doug Jennings Sr. The wider rims can be a problem with that size tire if not enough is rolled or removed.

16. Bill Blue

Bill Blue Platinum Level Sponsor

I had no trouble with grabbing, regardless of turn. Just a lot of rubbing. Backed up two feet and "What the hell was that?!"
    Bill

17. absunbeam

Got the radiator and hoses hooked up, one problem since I am using the stock 2bbl Ranger intake I used the waterneck on top to hook up the hose. Worked well however I do not have a place for the temperature gage sensor to go. There is a threaded plug at the bottom by the thermostat housing. Was going to use that but not sure how accurate the sensor would be. Is there another spot on the block to hook one up?