• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Another V6 SV Alpine

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
I bought a pair of the ones with the holes from Curt at Classic Sunbeam. Made the others.

Rsgwynn1

Silver Level Sponsor
View attachment 18736 View attachment 18737 View attachment 18738 View attachment 18739 Winter project underway..... Starting to get the Alpine ready to put a 84' V6 2.8 with a T9 trans out of a TVR 280i (same as the Capri) with 40k on the motor (Thanks George Barton). Also got in the deal a 84' 2.8 Ranger V6 so lot's of options. TVR motor has no emissions other than a PVC valve on it and Bosch FI manifold. If anyone knows of a 2bbl manifold European version (also seen a 3 x 2 bbl available). Want to keep it simple for now. I have seen in past postings (2012) that other members have used the T9 with Capri V6 and it looks like a easy fit. If anyone has pictures of the shifter and motor installed (with the Siamese exhaust) would help in what's involved. Have the kit from Dan R as a start.
Thanks in advance. -Al

How are things going, Ol' Dan? Any further progess on Green #1 or #2)? I'm loving my MGB but could still be drawn over the the dark side.

Shoot me an email.

San Gwynn
rsgwynn1@cs.com

Attachments

• mgbgirls.jpg
    mgbgirls.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 32

absunbeam

Platinum Level Sponsor
Currently putting power steering on my 62 Galaxie convertble with a tri-power and long exhaust header. Just finshed that and next is a top.
Enough of that now back to the SV, still need to get the cutouts, driveshaft, trans tunnel fitted. Tires are coming from Coker and picking them up @ Iola in July, put on the rims I got from Bill Bulpit. Be nice to get it off the skates!
Have our passports for the trip to the United in Canada.

absunbeam

Platinum Level Sponsor
Not a Sunbeam, only twice the weight and almost twice the length. The 20 year project almost done.
Al

Attachments

• 045BD60C-A7EC-4EFF-BE1A-CBE278CFF99F.jpeg
    045BD60C-A7EC-4EFF-BE1A-CBE278CFF99F.jpeg
    331.7 KB · Views: 75
  • 38D8B25F-B3E9-4C3C-B3E6-C63AEE0F94CB.jpeg
    38D8B25F-B3E9-4C3C-B3E6-C63AEE0F94CB.jpeg
    306.1 KB · Views: 73
  • B14C08F9-28C4-42F3-9026-A8FD043C68FB.jpeg
    B14C08F9-28C4-42F3-9026-A8FD043C68FB.jpeg
    361.3 KB · Views: 70
  • 408CAA01-53C3-4298-A34D-0A6C25E80768.jpeg
    408CAA01-53C3-4298-A34D-0A6C25E80768.jpeg
    284.5 KB · Views: 74

absunbeam

Platinum Level Sponsor
Update got the carb spacer machined removing the smog ports and lowering it about an 1.37. Will look alot better. Also got the drive shaft sent out to Elkhorn Drive shaft. They have to order the Front/ rear flanges about 2 weeks to finish & balance.
.ACC06FC6-240B-4BF0-93B5-9C2D32CA3A34.jpeg65C0F0BB-7660-46D3-8CC0-1187B0368254.jpeg292A5BC8-B23A-4F17-91B8-AD5E27F81559.jpeg
Exercised the Tiger this morning, they sure need to be driven!

absunbeam

Platinum Level Sponsor
Got the tires mounted on the rims from Bill Bulpit, good to finally get it on the ground. Now if can get the driveshaft back that be another thing off the list.6B15F73E-19DE-472D-A95E-585A4561F14B.jpeg 154BCC60-D408-42C9-BD74-67C2CEC19093.jpeg

absunbeam

Platinum Level Sponsor
Just got back from the United in Canada, Chris Lunn (Britishmetal)had the exhaust cutouts for the frame. He also makes trunk and rocker panel pcs also, good source for sheetmetal.

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
Do you have a better contact for Chris Lunn? I did a search for britishmetal and came up with mostly
heavy metal bands (as in music).

absunbeam

Platinum Level Sponsor
Here is his card, did the same search, don’t associate Chris with a Brit head banger!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    367.4 KB · Views: 25

absunbeam

Platinum Level Sponsor
Steve-Hope that works out for you.
FYI- I did get the driveshaft back three days before going to the United only took 3 months instead of 2 weeks. Turned out to be a supply chain issue. Sounds like the going thing but its in the Alpine and fits.
Saw an Alpine at the United that had original rubber floor mats with no wear, would love to find a set instead of carpet, just my preference. Believe it or not they are getting as rare as Mk2 parts just don’t see them(hope they are not as pricey). If anyone has a set let me know.-Al

alpine_64

Donation Time
Got the tires mounted on the rims from Bill Bulpit, good to finally get it on the groundView attachment 26687

Be VERY careful.. When you turn left, especially if there is a despression the leading edge of the tyre turning in will grab and damage the wheel arch lip....thats the reason people roll or trim the front valance .... Happened to many cars.. If you are turning Right the tyre will just rub and make a noise as it will hit the face of the tread... But if turning in it grabs and pulls it.....

Trust me... Not fun

absunbeam

Platinum Level Sponsor
Thanks for that Mike. Trimmed a bit off the valence for clearance, being that at some time it would need replacing or repaired. The rim is 6 “wide which is pushing the limit, had a talk with Doug Jennings Sr. The wider rims can be a problem with that size tire if not enough is rolled or removed.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
Be VERY careful.. When you turn left, especially if there is a despression the leading edge of the tyre turning in will grab and damage the wheel arch lip....thats the reason people roll or trim the front valance .... Happened to many cars.. If you are turning Right the tyre will just rub and make a noise as it will hit the face of the tread... But if turning in it grabs and pulls it.....

Trust me... Not fun
I had no trouble with grabbing, regardless of turn. Just a lot of rubbing. Backed up two feet and "What the hell was that?!"
Bill

absunbeam

Platinum Level Sponsor
Got the radiator and hoses hooked up, one problem since I am using the stock 2bbl Ranger intake I used the waterneck on top to hook up the hose. Worked well however I do not have a place for the temperature gage sensor to go. There is a threaded plug at the bottom by the thermostat housing. Was going to use that but not sure how accurate the sensor would be. Is there another spot on the block to hook one up?

absunbeam

Platinum Level Sponsor
Ordered the 1/4 npt w5/8” nipple end to get the heater hose to the control valve. Just need a place to plug into on the opposite side of the heater. Is there a place to drill into to put another nipple end into? Seems to be no other place in a 2.8.

Also in the process of getting the dash put in to get the wiring hooked up. Went through some past threads to find out how the glove box (cubby) goes back in. Does the plastic surround go on first and then into the dash? It is almost impossible to get the clip into the far right hole but maybe a process to do that. Trying very hard not to break the surround since it’s been repaired once. Picture is from taking the dash out.5F264FFD-3545-4CA6-9836-9EF06A6E1F77.jpeg

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Al, Is the bottom of the thermostat housing you are referring to the
Modified Housing with the threaded plug for a heater?

If so, I would not use it for the heat sensor. Can you post a picture of the upper housing that the radiator hose connects?