• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Another Darkside

miket

Donation Time
That fellow is really gointg all out.

The suspension look so simple, I'm tempted to try and build similar setup.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
If you read down far enough there's a guy sniveling, saying that engine doesn't belong is an MG.... That's funny.

Mid 400 hp?.... Yikes.

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
The darkside is not limited to Alpines.

Although not a radical, I've got everything to put a Buick 215 CU IN Aluminum block V8 (think Rover 3500) with a 5-speed in my 80 MGB and a Nissan 280ZX 5-speed conversion in my wife's 79 MGB.

todd reid

Gold Level Sponsor
MikeH,
The Buick 215 into the MGB has been around a long time, but I have never run across a 280ZX into an MGB before. Kind of building your own MGC?
I'd love to see pictures when you get to it!

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
Not the whole 280zx set up, just the 5-speed transmission from a non-turbo 280zx. The turbo zx had a T-5. Would be an interesting idea though. The 215 was a factory setup in the MGB-GTs for a while.