• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

"Ambitious project"

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Man, Jim that is a mess.

Is it really a Mk?

Any of our Forum members recognize this car. Hope no one was killed or mangled.

Last edited:

Tom H

Platinum Level Sponsor
I assume the $1000 is for the title and VIN plate, so someone hopes to make an Alpine into TAC'able Tiger.

Tom

MikeH

Diamond Level Sponsor
That'll buff right out. The bid was probably for those rare exhaust tips.;)

Cactusmasher

Donation Time
Ambitious project

Say...that front bumper looks pretty good. Tiger or not I think the bidder must be located in a funny farm somewhere or...........he just knows a good bumper when he sees one...:D

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
I assume the $1000 is for the title and VIN plate, so someone hopes to make an Alpine into TAC'able Tiger.

Tom

My guess is title, VIN, firewall and transmission tunnel. And, surprisingly, the left side fender badge looks pretty good, too! :rolleyes:

pcmenten

Donation Time
If that's really a Tiger then the firewall, rear axle, engine and transmission, front crossmember and steering, battery box, and of course, the VIN number are where the value is in this vehicle.

The Tiger crowd whines about 'fake' Tigers but this will make a very nice Alger/Tiger conversion that will be very hard to tell from the 'real' thing.

RootesRooter

Donation Time
If that's really a Tiger then the firewall, rear axle, engine and transmission, front crossmember and steering, battery box, and of course, the VIN number are where the value is in this vehicle.

The Tiger crowd whines about 'fake' Tigers but this will make a very nice Alger/Tiger conversion that will be very hard to tell from the 'real' thing.

What conversion? If that's a TAC'able firewall and tunnel (it wouldn't be the first to be TAC'd), it will be the real thing when its restored.

Last edited:

Cactusmasher

Donation Time
Ambitious project

Any vehicle that is as severely burned as this one really should not be repaired. The high heat changes the molecular structure of the steel and makes it extremely difficult to work ( body work, welding etc.) and paint will not generally stick to it very well. I would suspect the firewall and transmission tunnel have been weakened as a result of the fire. I'm not saying it cannot be done, just that the procedures to try to restore it are time consuming and very costly, and the end result usually is not the best. I personally would not want to use the crossmember either.

jimfai

Donation Time
"the VIN number are where the value is in this vehicle" wow, i could spend a grand and make my alger into a "real" tiger?? LOL::D

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
I looked at this poor car and felt sorry for the owner. Think of all the time, money, effort and loving care he put into it, then it ends up like this. This is the reason that alot of Tigers and Alpines, but especially Tigers, don´t get driven very much if at all.

I think the owner was at fault in the accident that caused this unfortunate incident to happen, since it looks like he hit something from behind, but I´m sure it still hurts. I hope he didn´t get injured in the accident too.

Jose

charchri4

Donation Time
I looked at this poor car and felt sorry for the owner. Think of all the time, money, effort and loving care he put into it, then it ends up like this. This is the reason that alot of Tigers and Alpines, but especially Tigers, don´t get driven very much if at all.

I think the owner was at fault in the accident that caused this unfortunate incident to happen, since it looks like he hit something from behind, but I´m sure it still hurts. I hope he didn´t get injured in the accident too.

Jose

^^ That is exactly what I was thinking. It's not just a poor wrecked car it's a broken hearted owner too.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
"This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available." Presumably, someone made the seller an offer he couldn't refuse. I guess we'll never know what a broken and burned Tiger is worth.