• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

am i missing something?

bluoval

Donation Time
Oil leak around the oil filter adaptor caused me to re think things. Took the oil filter to block tube off an old mustang 2.8 then used a short mopar oil filter and did away with the adaptor. Will see tomorrow if there is a leak. have clearance all around the filter. can anyone tell me why the bronco adaptor is necessary??? Thanks Earl blu oval

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Earl,

If the adapter is leaking, it is because the gasket isn´t seated properly or is broken. The reason for using the adapter, is to be able to use a regular full size Ford filter, which gives you a bigger filtering element, and more oil capacity, to help cool the engine. The regular Ford filter is a lot cheaper than other filters too. I am an oil freak, so I recommend more capacity to extend the life of the oil.

Jose

Oil leak around the oil filter adaptor caused me to re think things. Took the oil filter to block tube off an old mustang 2.8 then used a short mopar oil filter and did away with the adaptor. Will see tomorrow if there is a leak. have clearance all around the filter. can anyone tell me why the bronco adaptor is necessary??? Thanks Earl blu oval

bluoval

Donation Time
no leaks

Hi all well have the chrysler shorty filter on an wa la no leaks.. so Guess i will change the oil a little more often.. I try to use the kiss theory when I can. thank you jose for the info Earl blu oval