• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Am I Correct ? headlight bezel

fonz

Silver Level Sponsor
Am I correct that the headlight bezels for 1965 seriesiv are made of POT METAL? (or Alum ?) Is there any way to repair a "Cracked" one ?? has anyone used an original to make "mold" to make "Fiberglass" bezels ?? thank you

fonz

Silver Level Sponsor
about a 1.5" long crack (front to back) right on top . Guess I will try to use it as a "Mould"

fonz

Silver Level Sponsor
Now that I have a few with cracks, and dents, I'm finding "Pot metal" is the most "Miserable Media" there is to try to "work with" ! rather crack than bend, wont heat enough to bend. if they bend in 1 direction, they will not bend back without cracking. "Maybe" if I make Blocks the same shape as the bezel, I can slowly Press them into submission. :)

Wiz

Donation Time
Repaired mine using two part epoxy. It was only cracked half way so it could easily be aligned and sanded so it is unrecognizable.

fonz

Silver Level Sponsor
"shaped Dollies", a hammer and an anvil and a press got them back to shape, only thing for cracks seems to be JB Weld. It's not like they have any stress on them. gives me a chance to "mold" the bezels to the fenders. (Not attached), just re shaped. It seems like even perfect ones never actually "FIT" perfectly.