1. Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Dismiss Notice

Alpine Transmissions

Discussion in 'Alpine Cars and Parts For Sale' started by whiskytangofoxtrot, May 16, 2018.

1. whiskytangofoxtrot

whiskytangofoxtrot Silver Level Sponsor

I have a late 66 or 67 trans that I pulled out of our alpine, needs a new rear seal other than that it seemed to run great.
    I also have one more 4 speed condition unknown, and a early Trans with overdrive which I have not really looked into, I bought it awhile back and probably spent too much, but its taking up room

2. T.Jack

T.Jack Donation Time

PM sent

3. whiskytangofoxtrot

I also have a header and a few other parts

4. Hodee

Hodee Donation Time

Do you have a transmission "brace" that fits under the tranny and attaches to the frame? Also, can you tell the condition of the headers?

5. bruce caldwell

bruce caldwell Gold Level Sponsor

Where are you located?

6. sunalp

sunalp Platinum Level Sponsor

Looks like St Pete, Fla.

7. whiskytangofoxtrot

I would give the header a Good, it appears it could be Stainless. I don know that it is not one of the ones you need to dimple to get it below the 2BBL manifold.
    I am in St Pete Florida IMG_3268.JPG IMG_3269.JPG

8. whiskytangofoxtrot

I do not have a trans mount but I am sure somebody has one on here, enough cars have been taken apart

9. raceatr3

raceatr3 Donation Time

Is the early gearbox with OD still available?

10. PROCRAFT

PROCRAFT Donation Time

We've got a S5 Gear Box for sale also 150.00

11. raceatr3

raceatr3 Donation Time

Do you have a driveshaft to go along with the gearbox? Any idea of the condition of the gearbox?

12. PROCRAFT

PROCRAFT Donation Time

Sold the drive shaft all ready, have no clue as to condition just left over after scraping the car.

13. Bobbytriumph

Bobbytriumph Silver Level Sponsor

I know it has been months but if the early overdrive Trans is still available with the overdrive, I am looking for same asap and will be very happy to find one ( I can go through it no problem). Its for a Harrington Alpine from 1962 which somewhere lost its OD gearbox. Thanks for a reply. Bert Bennett, Irvine, CA