1. Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Dismiss Notice

Alpine Judging Guide

Discussion in 'Factory Original Alpines & Tigers' started by Alpine 1789, Jan 8, 2021.

1. dansun22

dansun22 Silver Level Sponsor

Jim L. here is a picture the dash for the SIII GT, 1963. North American Market. If need be it can be blown up and cropped for a better look. $_59(6).JPG

2. ALC 68A

ALC 68A Donation Time

Are those seats correct for a Series 3 GT? I think they should have the separate centre cushion and side bolsters and edge piping to match the vehicle colour. The steering wheel centre boss is also missing. I have a picture of the interior of my car and tried to load it, but the system says it's too big.

3. VaCat33

VaCat33 Donation Time

Dansun 22

Thanks. I should be able to crop it so steering wheel center is cropped out.

Jim

4. Limey

Limey Gold Level Sponsor

Hi,

I hope these are of interest. 12 year resto to factory original. I drained the brains of the sages so I hope nothing is in error. It might interest you to note the Tecalmit transfer on the oil filter cover and the 'slope backed' brake master as per parts book as well as the ignition cable separator on the dizzy cap. The tubes are period correct Bundy tube NOT copper looking modern option pipe. The radio is the correct SII accessory as is the fog lamp switch. Tyre jack has the correct label. Anyway. Hope these are of some use.

Attached Files:

SierraNev likes this.
  5. Limey

Limey Gold Level Sponsor

some more

Attached Files:

SierraNev likes this.
  6. Limey

Limey Gold Level Sponsor

last ones

Attached Files:

SierraNev likes this.
  7. junkman

junkman Gold Level Sponsor

Nice job, ton of work and time to get it to that level. Show it off as often as you can.

8. VaCat33

VaCat33 Donation Time

Awesome photos. Will really help fill in the gaps.

Question: Is inside the grill mouth painted black like on later series and Tiger? If so, a photo would really help.

Thanks

jim

9. Limey

Limey Gold Level Sponsor

Not Yet - But should be. Thee are pics out there.

10. alpine_64

alpine_64 Donation Time

The GT seats were not different to the ST seats...the seperate thigh support squab was actaully a detail of all early S3 cars. This was a seat supplied by microcell ( and offered for other cars as an upgrade) in later 63 they changed the design to consolidate the base sqaub.

If you look at early series 3 ST road tests they have the split base squab too

11. junkman

Those appear to be the correct seat covers not properly glued to the foams. For the later S3 seats.

12. alpine_64

alpine_64 Donation Time

You are right the pleats on the base squab sould be glued to the bucketed foam.
    Seat covers are correct for late SIV..
    To be Correct for late s3 and early siv they would need the contrasting piping .. Unless a code 1 car

13. junkman

I did have an S3 GT in # 68 Autumn Gold that did not have contrasting piping, but did have the 1 piece bottom cover (7 pleats) and the 2 piece back.

14. SIVAllan

SIVAllan Donation Time

I was wondering how this effort is coming.

It's an ambitious goal to complete this docuentation and completion deserves everyone's support.

My Series I isn't 100% original but bits and pieces that are factory original can be photographed, if
    needed.

So if Series I photos are still needed let me (and everyone) know.

I'll supply whatever I can.

15. dansun22

16. dansun22

hi AL, I just now read your message regarding the seat upholstery. Please send me your photo. I'd love to see the piping, and centre cushion. if need be I can give you my emailaddress. Lemmekno...

17. Limey

Limey Gold Level Sponsor

Hi All - Are we also working on an Accessories list? I was marked down for my correct S2 radio at our National concours o_O

18. husky drvr

husky drvr Platinum Level Sponsor

Limey,

I'm not sure about the judging guide, but this article has been around for a while in the "Featured Article" section of the home page.

I'm also not familiar with the contents or the radios discussed.

Hope it's helpful.

http://sunbeamalpine.org/2007/12/02/factory-alpine-radio-consoles/

19. twautomotive

twautomotive Silver Level Sponsor

Here are pictures of NOS early Alpine stock sun visors. A single bracket went under the mirror and the ends were not supported. visors 2.JPG visors.JPG

bernd_st likes this.
  20. bernd_st

bernd_st Bronze Level Sponsor

Wow. That is an extremely rare find...