• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Alpine Gauge Inventory

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
I've started a compilation of gauges used across the series Alpines.

http://wp.mhartman.net/home/cars/sunbeam/alpine/gauges

A starting point was the info from a defunct Canadian Alpine web site. Additional information was pulled from the Parts Manual, as well as some gauges in my possession/installed in my car.

Send me any corrections / updates. Also I am interested in receiving photos for gauges currently missing photos, so I can add those. I can use a photo if the focus, framing, and perspective are good.

Thanks,
Mike

alpine_64

Donation Time
Mike, photos of all the clocks used to be in the articles section of the forum.

I have all my spares packed in storage but might be able to get at them in a week or so.. Have the s3 od speedo si and ii clocks and ammeter s3-iv ammeter and various si/ii and siv tach and speedos

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks Michael.

I see the Clock article is still available. Will grab those images.

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
I am periodically adding new gauge photos to my gauge inventory, mostly as they appear for sale on EBay. However, my series 3 inventory is still sparse. I currently have photos for the ammeter, speedometer, and tachometer. I would appreciate photos of any of the other series 3 gauges. Would also appreciate photos for other missing gauges as well.

Thanks,
Mike

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Mike, I obtained a very nice set of early gauges yesterday, think they are SII. Will inspect them later and make pictures available to you.

The Tach is cable driven.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
3rd PIC is the Tach RN 2310/02 x/100 3-21=1 Jaeger
4th PIC is Speedo SN 6117 / 8 (Looks like an eight) Jaeger

IF you need any more info on these I'll try to get it!20190127_123152.jpg 20190127_123129.jpg 20190127_122911.jpg 20190127_122939.jpg 20190127_122924.jpg 20190127_122953.jpg 20190127_123013.jpg

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks Dan.

Can you double check the model on the speedometer? I don't see SN6117/08 in the Parts List manual.

upload_2019-1-28_9-26-50.png

Thanks,
Mike

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Mike,. I went back to the Speedometer The hand actually covers the last portion of the numbers. Put the Speedometer in a vise (padded of course) and hooked the cable to it and the hand drill. Ran the drill enough to get a good look at the numbers.... Not an eight (8) ..... It looks much clearer to be Roman Numeral II. So from your chart it is most probably an 11 (eleven).

In addition to my re-looking, I cleaned all of the instruments and now they look like new. Very nice ones indeed:)

hartmandm

Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks for the follow-up Dan.

I added the Tachometer RN2310/02 to the gauge inventory.

Mike

alpine_64

Donation Time
As a side note a gentle wipe of the gauge face with a soft cloth and light amount of wd40 cleans them nicely without hurting the numbers and text

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Good tip there Michael... You did provide me with that maybe way back in 2008 as I recall..... I also use four OOOO steel wool for the bezels. Makes them look like new unless they are extremely pitted.