• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

All Synchro OVERDRIVE conversion rebuilt

Jeff Howarth

Donation Time
I have another OD gearbox conversion available.

As usual, it's rebuilt and I have included the parts you need to convert your car.

It will fit all series 1-5 Alpines and I can supply the wiring to suit your car. (Series 1and2 differ from series 3 to 5).

I will also support you when you come to install it in your car.

The kit I will provide includes:
Rebuilt Overdrive and gearbox
Good factory OD switch
Good factory OD relay
New wiring loom

I also have a short driveshaft if required (you may choose to have yours shortened if its cheaper)

I have a series 5 speedometer available, may be able to find other series to match your car.

PM me if interested.

This photo is from the Sunbeam Alpine salesmans guide - I think we can all agree that the soft top takes a little longer than 'a matter of moments' :)

Last edited:

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
I asked

If the tranny comes to US 6 alloy wheels on a pallet are lonely and waiting for a ride from.Sussex UK.

Jeff Howarth

Donation Time
I now have another conversion set up ready to go.

COmes with:
- rebuilt all snychro gearbox and over drive - warranty from John Roseby
- series 4 or 5 speedometer (your choice)
- switch
- relay
- new wiring loom
- drive shaft
- speedometer cable

Everything you need to bolt it in and go - takes about 6 hours.
I will assist remotely of course if required.

Let me know if interested.

thanks
Jeff