• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

All British Field Meet In Portland

Pumpkin

Donation Time
Yes the All British Field Meet will be this weekend Labor Day, over 800 british cars to be there. Located at the Portland International Raceway just off the I-5 and the Columblia River.
To those that just cannot make any thisng happen in the northwest come on for a great show. www.abfm-pdx.com

Chuck
Oh yeh, the Sunbeams are supposed to be located by the tents this year..:D

Pumpkin

Donation Time
Well !!

The Portland All British Field Meet was a real treat to the eyes. The Jag was the Marque this year and as usual all the older ones take the eyes away from those new things that are pushed to the unknowing public of today. Any way onward with the SUNBEAM part.

I did not count the "Tigers" just too many maybe 15 , But the Alpines did not make a good show at all. 3 all by there selves and only 2 were in contention for a judging, the one was for sale a did not count. :rolleyes:

Bill and Sharon Smith of Eugene Oregon took second with there beautiful White,1960 Series l, and am proud to say the Pumpkin did the job with 1st place. :D The judging is peoples choice and every one that comes in the show has a card for the picking.
Well I would put a photo of my award but ,, well you know My grinn is just to big to fit in this post:p.
Chuck

RootesRooter

Donation Time
Four Alpines entered actually, but Chuck doesn't like to count the one with Firebird V-6 transplant. Also entered were two "Mark" Alpines and a S-T 90, plus a Hillman Husky and ten Tigers.

Worth noting is that a 1936 Humber Pullman took Best Car in Show.

The Portland All British Field Meet was a real treat to the eyes. The Jag was the Marque this year and as usual all the older ones take the eyes away from those new things that are pushed to the unknowing public of today. Any way onward with the SUNBEAM part.

I did not count the "Tigers" just too many maybe 15 , But the Alpines did not make a good show at all. 3 all by there selves and only 2 were in contention for a judging, the one was for sale a did not count. :rolleyes:

Bill and Sharon Smith of Eugene Oregon took second with there beautiful White,1960 Series l, and am proud to say the Pumpkin did the job with 1st place. :D The judging is peoples choice and every one that comes in the show has a card for the picking.
Well I would put a photo of my award but ,, well you know My grinn is just to big to fit in this post:p.
Chuck

Pumpkin

Donation Time
Four Alpines entered actually, but Chuck doesn't like to count the one with Firebird V-6 transplant. Also entered were two "Mark" Alpines and a S-T 90, plus a Hillman Husky and ten Tigers.

Worth noting is that a 1936 Humber Pullman took Best Car in Show.

OH Gads, Dick I was Sunshined out.. :eek:
To those I did miss I am sorry. Peter Woodall and his wife do always have those beauties there. And who but me would leave out our old buddy BUD and that Hillman Huskey who was in the awards tent with the rest of us. I guess I have to be more observant. I did wonder about the Humber also but did not know about the Best in Show.

And on the way home Bill Smiths' white Alpine series l ate number 1 and 2 pistons.
Chuck