• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Ag Huskys

echo1

Donation Time
Hi All,

Here's a crappy picture from my "obscurity" collection. I couldn't figure out how to edit it better. It's a shot of support vehicles, "flagger rigs", from an ag operation in the '50's. Stearmans, Huskys, and one Hillman is an "estate wagon", judging from the roof line. This was excerpted from Ag Pilots International in the late '70s. We were flying High Lift Stearmans at the time.

I had a '66 Tiger, a '66 Husky, and a '56 Piper PA-22 then (amongst other rides). The Husky (32K miles) I traded straight across for a '65 VW Kombi. I flew out to Half Moon Bay, picked up the owner and her boy friend, and flew them back to the home strip, to look at the Bus. We agreed to meet half way and swap rigs. This was my second Husky and I was the 3rd owner. PAX

Last edited:

99ZoomR

Gold Level Sponsor
Very nice group! My Alpine is the support vehicle for my Fly Baby. However, the Fly Baby is just an old 1/3 scale radio controlled model. :eek: Here's a pic of my buddy's MGA and my Alpine parked out at the field last fall...

Attachments

• Alpine and MGA.jpg
    Alpine and MGA.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 32

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
I can make out part of the LOGO it's: Crop Duster

The rest is to foggie for me. Maybe someone can get it....