• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

Adjustable Nuts for Windshield

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
I will take one pair if you are willing to ship to Toronto area. Thanks David

David, I'll ship anywhere something is wanted or needed by the Sunbeam Crowd.

PM me you personal info for contact, Phone number; E-mail and shipping address.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
The Adjustable nuts are finally available..... I picked them up today.

Tried them on a couple windshield studs. Work like they are supposed too!

Confirmed the sale price as $16.00 per pair.

Shipping took me a bit to get the best and cheapest rate by utilizing the USPS Priority Flat Rate of $7.95 anywhere in the lower 48 States.

I will have to figure all other shipping cost individually (attempt to get the best rate for the buyer).

I have sent out E-mails to the prior persons that informed me of the quantity (pairs) they wished to purchase.

For safety sake please send me your full contact information again if you have not do so. I have a few they did not provide E-mails or phone numbers.... remember a PM is best but I will accept an E-mail too.

Thank you for having a bit of confidence in me.... I will keep trying to make the Sunbeam World a bit better:0

v13311

Silver Level Sponsor
Windshield nuts are great. But maybe I'm all wet here but where are you going to purchase a windshield? Rick and C. Sunbeam don't sell them any more. VB is history and Moss has not committed to sell Sunbeam parts. I understand that Pilkington will need an order for 50 for Series 3 through 5 to justify them tooling up. Maybe buy one from a dealer in Europe. If somebody knows where one can buy one stateside, please let us know

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Was there an inventory at VB of the windshields ? Perhaps someone should attempt to ask Moss?

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
I have spoken to a representative at Moss twice already. It did not sound like they would be opening a sunbeam line in their business. I dont know what they plan to do with any of the Sunbeam inventory they got from VB. I think they just bought it for the MG and Triumph type stuff. Very sad if they end up scrapping the rest.

v13311

Silver Level Sponsor
I have spoken to a representative at Moss twice already. It did not sound like they would be opening a sunbeam line in their business. I dont know what they plan to do with any of the Sunbeam inventory they got from VB. I think they just bought it for the MG and Triumph type stuff. Very sad if they end up scrapping the rest.

I would think that this situation is close to an emergency for all Sunbeam owners. Someone needs to get on this and deal with this. After all, none of us can drive without a windshield.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
I attempted to send them an E-mail via their web page that has a means of "Asking a question" Did not have any luck for some reason. I will continue....

But, I decided to call their 800-689-9313 number. A Representative (Scott) answered and we had a short but pleasant conversation on the MOSS plans of supplying parts for the Sunbeam.

He said they had three (3) trailer loads of parts purchased from VB. They currently have no one to inventory what is inside but have plans to by early Spring.

I asked specifically if they could post something on their WEB Page as to what their intentions are for SUNBEAMs......Again due to the COVID they do not have sufficient staff to upgrade.

Perhaps others will make the call (s) 800-689-9313 number to encourage them to display the Sunbeam as a vehicle in their list of support.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
v13311, Have you made a phone call to Moss to see what they have to say ? Hope you and plenty of other Sunbeam Owners do....

v13311

Silver Level Sponsor
Yes, I have made that call. Twice. The first time was right after the purchase of VB parts. At that time, they said that Sunbeam parts were definitely in their future plans. When I didn't see any action for months I called again. At that time they were very non-committal which was disturbing to me. I told them specifically how the availability of windshields is important to the Sunbeam community. They said that a decision had not be made and that more would be known next spring. There has been no news on their website and any mention of Sunbeams seems to have been removed. At least I have not found any.

That's all I know. Bye the way, I don't need a windshield. I am just looking down the road for a future need.

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
I spoke with Curt at Classic Sunbeam this morning and our conversation turned to Moss Motors
purchase of Victoria British, and of course windshields.

Moss tried to buy both Classic and SS while buying VB. Curt and Rick both declined. According to Curt
Moss hasn't even inventoried the trailers that hold the VB stock, and don't seem to have any plans to
in the near future.

Some Sunbeam parts are getting hard to find. Pistons seem to be the next hardest thing to get, but I heard
that Rick is doing something with windshields. Gotta support these guys because without them we'd
be up a creek without a paddle.
Cheers!
Steve

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
The Adjustable nuts are finally available..... I picked them up today.
I got mine and they look terrific. Now I just need to get one of my 3 project cars to the point where I can even think about the windshield.

Thanks, Dan.

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
Let's re name the thread Nuts and screens. :)
Other threads show that Pilkington will only sell to its licensed distributors or real glass installers or companies.

We had a Tiger owner how actually had a glass shop and a kiln and a mold to make back windows. My buddy Lee bought his car sold it for 50 grand at auction and now it's that one that sold for $148 at owl's head auctions. He sold the business and the new owner won't even return calls.
In any event when I talked with that business owner he said I could get you a hundred of them for maybe $75 a piece.
Of course that was in 2015 dollars. I wouldn't ring the alarm bell yet because they can still be had but it's probably easier just to wait till you get it nice rock chip... ;)