• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

A rather odd "BOLT" will be available shortly

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Sunbeam Convertible top base screw     DSCN1699.JPG Pictured above is a bolt that is hardly, if ever mentioned that I now of. Our Sunbeams have them in a place hardly ever noticed. Yet, if you have a soft top it comes into play each and every time you either raise or lower the top.

I am having replacement bolts made to duplicate the "originals". Tentative sell price be around $18 to $20 a pair. The more made the lesser the price. I have asked for 30 pairs. If interested please let me know ASAP. I will be confirming the quantity for order this coming week.

index.php

I should add that you include in an E-mail or PM your contact info for shipping.

Last edited:

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Seven (7) pairs here + eighteen (18) from other requests including my needs = 25

I believe the initial order needs to be upped to 60 pairs for a start....

PROCRAFT

Donation Time
I believe that's a 5/16 bolt tip get a bolt with enough shank length,cut the head off cut the propper thread end to length slot the top with a hack saw.
simple.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
OK Guys , I have you added to the list. Now 35Pairs. Order was placed yesterday. Will keep adding new request as they come in.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
I believe that's a 5/16 bolt tip get a bolt with enough shank length,cut the head off cut the propper thread end to length slot the top with a hack saw.
simple.

Joel, The Odd bolt is 5/16 - 24 threads at the head, but it is 1/4" dia from the head to full length. The number of threads for the head end up with a bit under 1/4" in length.

Not being a Machinist I decided to have a couple made.

Yeah, a 5/16-24 x 3 &1/2 length was used on my first try. Two bolts cost $.70 ea. Machine work was $25 each. With me needing 8 each, the other choice was CNC for volume.

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Might want to contact the usual Sunbeam suppliers to see if they want to stock some, since you’re making a run?

PROCRAFT

Donation Time
Joel, The Odd bolt is 5/16 - 24 threads at the head, but it is 1/4" dia from the head to full length. The number of threads for the head end up with a bit under 1/4" in length.

Not being a Machinist I decided to have a couple made.

Yeah, a 5/16-24 x 3 &1/2 length was used on my first try. Two bolts cost $.70 ea. Machine work was $25 each. With me needing 8 each, the other choice was CNC for volume.
I made mine years ago from AN bolts no machine work involved and by the way if their SS assy. with never seize just a tip.