• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

A racing Alpine in UK

alpine_64

Donation Time
Issue with it is what class it can run with its modifications.. Defiantly the ford rear end and gearbox would preclude it from most production classes...
The 1725 might be ok in period class as the motor was used in a series V and car is twin DCOE so likely period mod-sports

old grumpy

Donation Time
It will fit in a class with quite free regulations with some very fast cars, and that will not be so fun.

spmdr

Diamond Level Sponsor
I would hate to try and replace it for that price!

....and that Open hood/bonnet thing... the first change for me.

DW

alpine_64

Donation Time
I would hate to try and replace it for that price!

....and that Open hood/bonnet thing... the first change for me.

DW
One think I noticed when this car came up for sale a couple of years back was they had cut the front apron where the bonnet hinges mount to allow them to fit a deeper radiator it seems...
Not sure why that mod.. and I theory the path of air to the radiator is less direct.... But it does remove some weight.....