• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

A question to help design the SUNI registration form

How would you feel about being asked this question when you register for the event?

• I would be uncomfortable with it, but would still answer it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I would be uncomfortable with it and would not answer it

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
As of this moment, we are still planning on holding the Kansas City SUNI event in mid-September. There is still a lot of pandemic-related uncertainty and things could easily change, but we have a few months before our first g0/no go decision date. In the meantime, the organizing committee is proceeding as though it will happen as scheduled and is getting the registration site ready. Because we don’t know what the hotel requirements will be come September, we are debating the appropriateness of asking about vaccination status on the registration form. (Choices would be something like: "Everyone in our party HAS HAD COVID shots; Everyone in our party WILL HAVE had COVID shots; We have not had COVID shots and probably won’t”).

I thought it would be helpful to have some data on how people feel about asking this and volunteered to post the question on our site. Your answers will be used to provide guidance and input into the committee’s decision, but ultimately the committee will do what it feels is in the best interests of all. Please answer the question below if you are at all considering attending the event.

Thanks. I will continue to keep the group appraised of the event's status.

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
And then there are those of us who have had Covid... not once but twice... and probably now have enough antibodies to give a bull moose the heebegeebies.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
I am not for making the shot mandatory. SO why ask the question ?
In order to plan to accommodate those who will have not had their shots. Personally, I think that by September it will be time to assume everyone is capable of taking care of themselves and have zero requirements.
Bill

Warren

Bronze Level Sponsor
First offi would say thanks for doing something to get a pulse on the group.
The go no go is a pretty big deal considering monies that worst case could be lost and best or put off till next year if a business we give a deposit to is still in business. Some clubs have a few guys pulling the string's decision wise.
I agree with Dan and would shake his hand if he reached out. The last release I signed at an estate sale was Phil Harmonic.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks, guys. All good feedback. Just to provide a little more background, we are currently challenged because we don't know what restrictions the hotel and venues (let alone the State, County and City) will be under in 5 months. Will a large group of us be able to meet without restrictions or will we need to jump through some hoops? If so, what hoops? The only one we can foresee right now is something related to vaccinations (e.g., the event can proceed as long as xx% of the group has been vaccinated). We can try to gather this information later, if needed, but the reality is that it will be a lot easier if we get it from the get go. If we ask and don't end up needing it, then it never sees the light of day.

The bottom line is that the event will only be held if it is safe for the members. None of us has a crystal ball, but at the moment the organizing committee is feeling pretty bullish. That may change of course, but we are leaning towards doing as much as we can to be prepared and then rolling with whatever punches the world brings us.

Stay tuned, and thanks for the input. More to follow very soon.