• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

A NW Group

Pumpkin

Donation Time
I am thinking (wrong!) about a SAOCA NW group. How many members do we have in the GReat NW? Dues payers? and just looking?

Chuck in Portland, OR.

Pumpkin

Donation Time
I am thinking (wrong!) about a SAOCA NW group. How many members do we have in the GReat NW? Dues payers? and just looking?

Chuck in Portland, OR.

OH,:) I didn't forget, Tigers and all the rest of the Rootes group are included.
Chuck

RootesRooter

Donation Time
Chuck,

Thanks, I just needed a little prodding. I just sent in my $20 to SAOCA. If you want to organize a NW chapter, count on my support. I urge other Alpiners in the Pacific Northwest to 'get on board' as well and let's organize a couple of tours or picnics this summer/fall. (and don't forget Rootes Rendevous IV up in Vancouver BC in June)

Dick Sanders
Kent, WA

Chuck in Portland, OR.

v13311

Silver Level Sponsor
Chuck and Dick, I needed the prodding also. Count me in. I've been thinking of this for some time now. We must remember that Ohan is going to ratchet his organization up with a newsletter this fall and he counts us as a part of SUNBEAM CANADA now. So, along with our PTC, there has to be a meeting of the minds, I think, to make this work.

Ed Erikson
Vashon, WA

Pumpkin

Donation Time
nw group

Thanks fellas, I have always felt a bit left out by a club we all know, In the most recent year I have been inquering different Sunbeam owners about this, I have a list of about 20 or so that want to do something and have fun.

The deal is this Jane and I want to have fun doing and going on runs, The RR in BC has been a real getter, the ABFMS are usually great but as we all know when working only so much time can be spent on running around.

The last few years we have been doing runs and most are an over nighter, The RR last year was a kick, even if it did take 12 quarts of leaking oil to do it..) aside from that When we saw Dick at the May museum went on over to the Coulle Dam and then south. Either coast is good, central WA or OR is good.
PM me and we can go back and forth with ideas.

And with what Ohan is doing we may have a real deal????
Now I am encouraged..
Cheers
chuck

Pumpkin

Donation Time
nw group

Hi Jeff, That was my thought, as I have been a member and participant (vocally only) of this group I think sence it started.
As you may re-look at my first post to see. Then also here in the NW we have a great guy MR OHAN in the Sunbeams Canada to associate with.

Several of us from Oregon go up to Vancouver BC to meet up. Also my wife and I enjoy putting on runs over nighters and day trips.

The main club in the Seattle area, the PTC Pacific Tiger Club, hasn't really responded to real get outs and fun things. Meeting and going to an expensive restruant isn't a good trip. We will bypass Seattle for a trip to BC any time.

Ths far, and this next 18th-20th Vancouver All British Field Meet, (can't make it) is on, then Sunbeam Canadas' "ROOTES RENDEZVOUS IV" 22-24th June have reservations, Belleview WA, All Brit Field Meet, July 27 29. Have reservations.

OF COURSE this year is the Sunbeam Marque for all shows.:D :D

The Portland All Brit meet is in September. Will show up. We usually get at each show 12-20 Alpine and Tigers . A few Hillmans and Rapiers. and Saloons,,real nice to see those.

Then we are planning a trip either to the WA. coast or OR. coast .. Sometimes a few will meet for a run up and over MT. Hood for the fall apple run and great scenes.
Well there you are.
Chuck