• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

72 CGX...

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
When looking @ Jan's website I stumbled over this HLM which is listed under "no info". Is it only the picture, my poor eyesight, or does that car feature a retractable sunroof ?

alpine_64

Donation Time
Dan, the gold car is a conversion and has a webasto roof.. Bernd is referring to this car:

index.php

Bernd i had a good look.. I think its a dark reflection/ shadow on the roof.. Not a solid sliding panel.

Several cars had the webasto roof mod.

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
Just asking out of curiosity since a club mate has a standalone leftover HLM roof with an intgrated Webasto sliding roof. It looks well done and not just a retrofit mod. We have no whatsoever info to which HLM this roof actually belonged to. Certainly Jan could have more info...

Harrington Jan

Donation Time
probably 6057UR you are refering to. Like Michael says several cars have them. Look at Frank F. car ex Justin Harrington

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
The registry says 6057 UR "restored by owner DB", so the standalone roof can't belong to that car, even it has a Webasto. Still wonder whether 72 CGX had one or not...

bernd_st

Bronze Level Sponsor
Jan, evidence enough. Noted with thanks. Still wonder the origin of that specific roof though. Inputs/ideas welcome...

Last edited: