• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

'67 Series V

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Unfortunately Bikes, we, as sunbeamers are a frugal lot (read cheap). You would reach other prospective customers on the other sites you mentioned. They would probably pop for a well done restoration. If it were me, I´d post it there too

SoCal'beaming

Donation Time
Can't speak on anyone else's behalf but I think it might be most old time owners are looking for that level of completion and detail at half the price sitting in the neighbors garage:rolleyes: and the new owners have spent there money on the project there trying to get to your cars level of beauty. And then there guys like me that would be sleeping with the dogs if I brought another Alpine home without sparing one I already have .... might consider that option if it were a 63' w/a hardtop though ... might be worth sleeping in the dog house for awhile:D

oh .... and then there's the prospective buyer who probably hasn't heard of the club.

........ David

Bikesandfires

Donation Time
Thanks for insight Jose and David. I'v pretty much came to the same conclusions. I'll probably be listing it on CL soon. The only good thing about that site is it's free, it doesn't have a very good search feature at all, so I'll have to list it on several around my area to ever get any exposure to the ad.

Bikesandfires

Donation Time
And then there guys like me that would be sleeping with the dogs if I brought another Alpine home without sparing one I already have .... might be worth sleeping in the dog house for awhile:D

........ David

Tell ya what David... Make a full price offer on it and I'll throw in a weekend at a nice resort around your area... Take the wife and make sure the car is delivered while ya'll are gone. Maybe she won't notice a new one... or you can swear it was always there....

OR....... Wait till it's delivered and see what happens... If she throws you out, take the dogs to the resort with you and give her a few days to see the error in her ways... LOL

Bikesandfires

Donation Time
I listed the car in Hemmings back in early summer. Only had 4 hits on it there, one was a broker wanting to send it overseas and wanted to low-ball the price. Second guy made an e-mail inquiry and my e-mail response bounced and I never heard back. Third person bought it sight unseen and had it shipped to NC. And I had one response after it sold.

I had a great time working on the car, all of you on this forum were a GREAT help... THANKS to All!!

It was a bittersweet end to the project, I'd have loved to spent some time driving and showing it off, but sometimes life gets in the way of fun. The state of the economy and financial uncertainty made that impossible.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Congratulations on the sale. It was a long time coming, but it sounds like perseverance paid off. I hope the economic uncertainly turns around and you find yourself back here looking to buy a new project Alpine!

Bikesandfires

Donation Time
Thanks for the kudo's... It WAS a long wait. I made it thru the worst of the economic setback looking at the Alpine sitting in the garage and wondering if I should sell it a piece at a time just to keep some bills paid. It was a huge load off my mind as I watched the hauler go out of sight down the road.

Not sure when things will improve to the point I can plan another project, I hope it's soon tho.