• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

67 hard top possibly for sale

rreinbach

Donation Time
I am new to this site but may be willing to sell my 67 hard top. Does anyone know what a fair price is? Not looking to gouge anyone, just want to know a fair asking price. I would classify the condition as excellent to mint.

65beam

Donation Time
hard top

1500.00 to 2000.00 if in excellent shape with good paint, windows, rubber and headliner and has all the stainless trim for the rear window.

alpine_64

Donation Time
I am new to this site but may be willing to sell my 67 hard top. Does anyone know what a fair price is? Not looking to gouge anyone, just want to know a fair asking price. I would classify the condition as excellent to mint.

I think if the top is complete and is actually "mint" you might get closer to 3K... the tops cost a lot of $ to restore if they are rotten and the stainless trim sells for quite a bit.. so to get a complete top ready to go can bring some decent interest

65beam

Donation Time
hard top

the shop that does my work figures 1500.00 minimum to assemble a hard top correctly after the paint and body work. it could run another 1000.00 or better to repair the usual bad spots and paint. without knowing what's under the paint 3K may be a bit high.

alpine_64

Donation Time
the shop that does my work figures 1500.00 minimum to assemble a hard top correctly after the paint and body work. it could run another 1000.00 or better to repair the usual bad spots and paint. without knowing what's under the paint 3K may be a bit high.

So if the top being offered is all present, all good.. seems he is nudging the higher end of the market... your list has 2500+ in work without even buying the top....

I guess the other thing to come out of this post is some pictures would be much better in sorting a guiding range for a given product.

rreinbach

Donation Time
Still getting used to this site. Sorry for the delayed response. Many thanks for the input. My top is clean based on the various comments made. headliner is good. Glass is good. Trim is good. Paint is good. It is a snap on type top with two clips that snap onto the front windshield. I will get it out and post some snaps for everyone to see. Updates to follow.

Cactusmasher

Donation Time
Hardtop pricing

The hardtop I have for my Alpine cost me $500 initially, with another $500 in metalwork to restore it to original specs. It is now in etched primer and my body guy says another $500 to paint it to match the car. Chrome work on the various attachment pieces $200. Polishing the stainless steel parts $100. A complete window set, grommets and seals $500 ( plus new headliner ). I have $1800 in it without paint. I do not have the stainless steel trim for the back window and have no idea what that will cost, when and if I find a set.

After paint, I will have $2300 in the hardtop and two or three hundred probably in the stainless rear window trim. I project having $2500 to $2700 plus into it when completed. I offer this information as a guide to what it can cost to repair a hardtop and return it to mint condition.

Good luck on the sale of your hardtop. Somebody out there needs one or wants one and doesn't want to go through the hassle of restoring one. I think you are in the ballpark pricewise for a mint hardtop.

Jim