• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

'56 Hillman Husky cyl head

ziebellski

Donation Time
A friend of my father runs an import repair shop, and he took in a 1956 Hillman Husky for cyl head work. Does anyone know the cyl head torque values or tightening sequences for this car? I've got an old Chilton manual but it only goes back to the "Audax" cars. Any help is appreciated.

Todd Ziebell
Wisconsin

puff4

Platinum Level Sponsor
Todd, I have a Floyd Clymer handbook for the 50's Hillmans. I wasn't sure if you had the flathead or overhead valve version of the motor, so I copied both sections. Here's a link to a Google Docs share, which hopefully you can access:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B_8AsMwa8PEcQ1BRMXFxeFFWS0E/edit

Pages 41 and 45 in the PDF refer to the overhead valve motor. Correct value is 45 ft. lbs.

Pages 194 and 195 in the PDF refer to the flathead motor. It's difficult to see due to page curvature, but it says '42 ft. lbs'.

Hopefully this will help.

Cheers,
Kevin

ziebellski

Donation Time
Excellent work, Kevin. Thank you! Crystal-clear copies.
I, too, was concerned what motor he's actually working with.

Todd