• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

5 speed trans option for Tiger

husky drvr

Platinum Level Sponsor
I was going to place this in the "T5 with 1725" as it sort of fit in the boundaries of that discussion.

I know nothing but what's in the article. I'm guessing the information is also familiar to any Tiger owners who've looked into a 5 speed conversion.

Two observations that come to mind are:

1> the newer TKX trans model is NOT offered with a Ford T5 trans bolt pattern, even though the trans case is supposedly smaller than the T5 case.

2> it's supposed to be an easy conversion in the Tiger, with the complete kit. I think I can safely say that easy equates to a bit away from inexpensive.

So, just for informational purposes, here is the link to the article on Modern Driveline's site.

https://www.moderndriveline.com/sunbeam-tiger-tko/