• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

4 cylinder 340 HP and 500 lb-ft of torque

Barry

Diamond Level Sponsor
Never say never, but I suspect that the dimensions (length, width & height) of the Blueprint 3.6L turbo engine would require some serious modifications to the Series Alpine engine bay.

Bill Blue

Platinum Level Sponsor
I have a 3.7L I4, Mercruiser 470 boat engine that is based on 1/2 Ford 460 V8. It uses the 460 head, rods & pistons. The block is aluminum and has a Chevy bellhousing bolt pattern.
Check this out:
https://www.enginelabs.com/news/homegrown-horsepower-four-cylinder-mercruiser-in-a-dragster/
Jan
Very cool. But did you notice 'they" mentioned the vibration problem, but say nothing about how they addressed it. Prolly visited the dentist and got a retainer to keep their teeth in place. All of this reminds me of the Offy 255 cu, in, monster.
Bill

alpine_64

Donation Time
Why am I mucking around trying to achieve 135 to 150 HP engine for an Alpine when I could have a "Turbo 4." Amazing what technology and engineering can potentially bring to the masses. The price is probably more than the cost of the highest price ever paid for a Sunbeam Alpine ($33,000). But, let the horses out of the barn and go for a ride of a lifetime. https://www.autoblog.com/2022/12/20/blueprint-engines-performance-racing-inndustry-show/
There was an article about the motor at a recent show where they had the LS head on it...that's the next stage but the show motor was just that...thw alignment of ports and passages for the LS isnt done yet.

Agree with a later comment... If you were going to do a modern 4 cyl swap... The hinda K series is the one... Great revving and sounding NA motor espcially when VTEC kicks in... And then when they turbo them... My goodness....