• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

2023 Calendar Status

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Mine arrived today. You’ve outdone yourselves.

I had one of my colleagues in my office when I opened the envelope. Not a car guy but he was very impressed with the photography and quality of it.

congratulations to the members who’s cars were included. You represent SAOCA well.

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Out of curiosity, how many of each level are you sending out. It must be a huge undertaking.

It sure is! Sometimes I wonder just what I got myself into.....
Not as simple as just mailing stuff. All year long I track all of the PayPal payments and sort according to sponsorship level.
I also order all of the stamps I will need early in the year to avoid postage increases-there were two of them last year and one more coming up later this month. Envelopes, large manila envelopes the calendars will fit into, and other supplies are purchased too.
Then in November I add up all the sponsors for the year and send the info to Greg who then orders all the calendars, stickers, and magnets-oh and that is after he organizes and puts together the next year's calendar, magnets, stickers, and the certificates for Platinum and Diamond in his "spare" time. A few weeks later I will get the calendars, magnets, and stickers in the mail and the files for the certificates emailed to me. I then have the local UPS print up the certificates as well as the membership letter that I write each year. Time to start mailing stuff! But first using the latest PayPal info I check our membership roster to make sure addresses have not changed as well as to update sponsorship dates as well as when calendars and stuff were mailed out. New members are added to the roster at this time as well. Then I address, apply stamps, and mail everything starting with the Diamond, then Platinum, Gold and then Silver.
I do about 30 or so each day and try to get to the Post Office every other day to drop off another stack ready to mail.
This Tuesday I will mail the last of the Gold ones and then I will start on the Silver ones.
When I finally finish everything that is when a dozen or two will be returned to me as the PayPal address was wrong due to a move or other reasons. So I then track down the member via email to get a correct address and try mailing it again.
There is lots to do the rest of the year-answering emails, sending out grill badges to new Diamond members, and trying to get all new members mailed a calendar, magnet, sticker, or whatever is left over.
I got tired just reading all of this!!!

Membership counts
Diamond 35
Platinum 53
Gold 93
Silver 126
Total 307

Thanks to all of you for becoming a sponsor and for your help with our club. And thanks to all of the officers for their help to me. How can you help? PLEASE use this calendar as an example and take some similar photos that we can use for next year's calendar. Thanks!

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
Careful Eric. Don’t reveal too much or we’ll never be able to recruit a new Membership Director when the time comes.

nsbluenose

Silver Level Sponsor
Tired me out reading it!
You are doing a hellva fine job and thank you for your time and hard work, that goes to all board members too.

Aladin Sane

Diamond Level Sponsor
So I had to see what the new grill badge was going to look like on my egg crate. It is just sitting there, not fully installed yet. I think it looks great. I am thinking of moving it another tooth toward the center.
20230114_171415.jpg

Last edited:

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Latest update-I mailed 40 more Gold member's packets yesterday-that is the last of them. I still have about a dozen or so yet to do of various member levels as they just recently joined. Then on to do all of the Silver letters!

nsbluenose

Silver Level Sponsor
Got my calendar yesterday. Wow! There are really unique and creative pictures in this group.
Super job Eric. Huge effort on your part, not to mention your experience with Covid thrown in.

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Latest update-I mailed 40 more Gold member's packets yesterday-that is the last of them. I still have about a dozen or so yet to do of various member levels as they just recently joined. Then on to do all of the Silver letters!
Thanks for the update Eric, good to hear you are back to your old (no pun intended) self. Stay safe buddy

ernestovumbles

Gold Level Sponsor
Got my packet today..

Very nice!!
Thanks for all the hard work putting everything together and sending so many of them out.
The calendar will go up on my garage wall of fame tomorrow

ernestovumbles

Gold Level Sponsor
This year's calendar mounted on my garage calendar wall of fame, along with my car pic from last year and an old MINI Cooper calendar..

52657395328_331343a6ae_b.jpg

belmateo

Gold Level Sponsor
Got mine yesterday, BEST calendar ever!
I really appreciate all your hard work and time you spent of this.