• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

2022 Racing Alpine video

jdoclogan

Platinum Level Sponsor
Dave Anderson (owner of Carl Christiansen's Racing Alpine) sent me a video from his recent race. He started 29th out of 30 competitors. Anderson was very pleased with a 9th place and felt good about his driving. My observation, Anderson was patient and made great speed on the straight. Well done Dave!! You also may notice Brad Babb racing the #53 Alpine.

RootesRooter

Donation Time
I don't think I've ever seen video of an Alpine passing so many cars. What's he got under the hood?

Last edited:

junkman

Gold Level Sponsor
Nice ride along, What a Blast! Got some serious yank under the hood of that one. Wonder why he started so far back in the field? Inverted starting order? Still nicely driven!

alpine_64

Donation Time
Yeah pretty cool. The engine is what ever Carl Christiansen configured.

Iirc Carl had a 1725 with twin 42mm DCOE snd a bunch of trick stuff.

Carls car may have been built with some of the remnants of one of Ken Miles racers... But sadly most of the original car was destroyed.

I believe Carl was a very effective competitor