• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

2020 Calendar

loose_electron

Donation Time
Patience guys. I am getting these mailed out and started with the Diamond levels and ending with the Silver levels. I am now halfway done with the Gold levels. You will get yours soon-foreign countries will take a little longer!

Eric:

If you have an extra calendar, I would pay extra to get it. As some of you know, my father sold Rootes cars in the late 50's through the early 70's. Would love to give one of these to my mother (now turning 90) as a memento.

BTW, she freaked out when she heard how much I have spent on my car. "Your father could never get that kind of money for a car back then!"

Indeed...

bobbo

Gold Level Sponsor
My calendar arrived up here in Canada. I'm really impressed with the quality, binding and weight. i'll pay my dues again this year just for the 2021 calendar.
thanks so much. Bob

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks for the kind words Bob and for your membership! Greg has found a great supplier of these and they are very high quality too.
It is well worth being a Gold or higher level sponsor to get one of these! Eric

absunbeam

Platinum Level Sponsor
IMG_0536.JPG IMG_0113.JPG IMG_0854.JPG IMG_0339.JPG IMG_0226.JPG IMG_3516.JPG Moving on to September's calendar car is our 67 Mk2 which was previously owned by Ken & Cindy Bishop for 46 yrs! They had put 107K miles on thru the years and drove it to many United's & SUNI's only missing the Montana SUNI. Ken had mentioned that the front end should be rebuilt if autocrossed. So after the trip to Colorado ( trailered) and a drive up Pikes Peak, pulled the motor/trans and front end. Doug Jennings did the rebuild on the front suspension, Mike Miles did the trans which he said was the best condition 107K he had ever rebuilt, the 289 had minimal wear a good testimate to keeping things well maintained. After getting everything freshened up we put 1400 miles on it the last 5 years.

Was a centrefold picture in Automobile Quarterly vol 22 #1 1984, picture was taken at Veterans Park, Milwaukee Wisc. Story was that they were looking for a MkII to go with an article on Sunbeam Tigers. Al & Barb