• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

2020 calendar

Greggers

SAOCA Vice President
Platinum Level Sponsor
How is the calendar coming along?

Twelve photos have been selected. I’ll have to reach out to a few people for higher res photos. In some cases, I suspect higher res photos won’t be available.

Because of that (and because I have yet to actually design the thing), there’s still time for a few great photos to sneak their way in.

sunalp

Diamond Level Sponsor
Is there a way that you could put the owners name on the calendar page? It would be nice to
put the picture of the car with a club member.

Greggers

SAOCA Vice President
Platinum Level Sponsor
Is there a way that you could put the owners name on the calendar page? It would be nice to
put the picture of the car with a club member.

That’s the intention this year. In past years, it’s been challenging to know which photos came from which user (email names are often very different from forum names). And I have a long history of designing a calendar at 2am on the last day to get it produced or risk it being late, so I don’t have time to match names to photos. But this year... this is the year I get it right. Promise. Maybe.

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
Thanks to all who have donated to the club so far this year!
Gold, platinum, and diamond members will be mailed a 2020 club calendar at the end of this year. If you have not yet donated this year at one of these levels please do so before the end of 2019 and you will be on the list to get the 2020 calendar.
I have seen the final copy-which includes owner's forum names- and it is a real gem!
Thanks again. Eric

Paul A

Alpine Registry Curator
Platinum Level Sponsor
20190804_112411_resized.jpg 20190804_112411_resized.jpg As this is a Tiger photo you likely will not use it but thought I would send it anyway. Pete

Greggers

SAOCA Vice President
Platinum Level Sponsor
View attachment 17999 View attachment 17999 As this is a Tiger photo you likely will not use it but thought I would send it anyway. Pete

As a matter of fact, the 2020 calendar has several Tigers. Unfortunately (or fortunately for me), it’s been designed already. So I’ll have to save this one for the 2021 calendar.

Everyone else should hurry though, as there are only about 350 days to get your photos submitted for the 2021 edition.

FYI, there’s no discrimination in the SAOCA. All Rootes Group cars are welcome here. Usually, I use all the photos submitted that are big enough. In the past, it’s been so hard to get photos that I have to use some of my own shots from car shows, etc. This year, members really came through. It’s the first year since I’ve been designing it that we’ve received too many.

Toyanvil

Gold Level Sponsor
I for one would like to see more Alpines, we are an Alpine club and I would think we could get at least 12 Alpine pictures a year.

Alpine 1789

SAOCA President
Diamond Level Sponsor
I would think we could get at least 12 Alpine pictures a year.
That would be a nice objective for 2021 and is something that is completely within our power. We all just need to remember to take photos during the year so that we're ready when the call goes out. I am as guilty as anyone and will try to do better over the coming 12 months!

Toyanvil

Gold Level Sponsor
Yes, but I am under the impression that there were Alpine pictures that were cut to make room for Tigers. Sorry about the rant, but I send pictures of my Alpine every year and it has made the calendar a lot and I appreciate it and understand if there's not enough Alpine pictures to make a calendar and we need to use other models to fill it up. This is not the case, my car was cut last year and this year to make room for other models. I love the calendar every year and appreciate all the hard work that goes into it. I just think if we have enough Alpine pictures to fill the calendar we should.
rant over.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
The calendar displays 12 Sunbeams a year! To have your Sunbeam shown is a really nice treat for the owner and to be picked more than once is extremely nice especially when there are a great many Sunbeams in the "stable" of our Membership.

The Gallery is a nice feature for our Club that is not really utilized as effectively as possible. If you wish to have your Sunbeam (s) shown/displayed, the fault lies with the members not taking advantage of the Gallery.

I believe the calendar serves as an advertising contributor for the SAOCA.

It is great being a part of the Best Sunbeam Club around:)

Keep'em-on-the-Road

Toyanvil

Gold Level Sponsor
Maybe we should drop Alpine from our name. I just think "The Sunbeam Alpine Owners Club of America" calendar should be all Alpines if we have enough Alpine pictures, I don't even care if my car is in it or not.