• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

2011 Cars of Rootes Group Calendar

lemansvk

Donation Time
As in the past few years, I have again organized a “Cars of the Rootes Group†calendar for the coming year. This year it’s available quite a bit earlier than in the past, mainly so that people have plenty of time to hear about it (and get it) before 2011 actually starts.

The Calendar is A4 Size, spiral bound, full colour, one page per month (plus cover), printed on quality paper (actually light card). I organise it on a not-for-profit basis, purely for the enjoyment of the many Rootes owners I know, both personally and through various groups/forums like this one. This year, many thanks to Bill Tubbs and Robin O’Dell from this forum for pictures they have supplied.

The Cars
There are 13, one for each month plus the cover. In the Sunbeam edition, 5 of these are Sunbeams. There is also a 1934 Talbot with obvious links to later Sunbeams and the remainder are Humbers (4) Hillmans (2) and a Singer. You can see small, low resolution versions at this link.
http://s122.photobucket.com/albums/o262/sunalp63/CalendarSunbeam 2011/

There are two other (slightly different) versions for those with Hillman or Humber tastes; contact me if interested.

Printing & Ordering
As in the past, it is being printed by Lulu Publishing in the USA. Lulu provides a `print on demand' service which means that they do not hold large stocks of pre-printed calendars - they are printed and dispatched as orders are placed. You can buy any number of calendars from one to a hundred. Cost of a single calendar is US$12.50 plus postage; For 5 calendars or more it is US$10 each plus postage (and it’s cheaper again for 25 or more).
If you are in Australia and want to buy fewer than 5, let me know. I will be placing a bulk order and will be able to get them to you cheaper than you buying them direct. However, if buying more than 5 (Say if your club wants some) – buy them direct from Lulu as you will get them cheaper and faster.
If buying direct from Lulu, be aware that they have a range of postage options some of which are quite expensive – look for the budget option, and allow about 3 weeks from order date for printing and delivery.
This is the link to buy them direct from Lulu

http://www.lulu.com/product/calendar/cars-of-the-rootes-group-sunbeam/12453147
The calendar will remain on sale until well into the new year.

Cheers, Vic

64beam

Donation Time
Thanks Vic, looks great. The Avenger and the Hunter rally pictures are awesome shots... beautiful Tiger tucked in there as well :p .

Regards, Robin.