• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

2010 Great Photo Contest

Alpine Addict

Platinum Donor
Platinum Level Sponsor
The club went from a fixed membership system several years ago to a donation system. The idea was the members could donate based on how valuable they though the club and in particular the website was to them. This has been very sucessful and yields more revenue than the old fixed membership system. The club is in a healtly state financially and there is no way this website will shut down.

The club will re-imburse expenses incurred by the officers/helpers for printing, mailing Etc. We have no wish to see anyone out of pocket. The one thing the offices do give freely is their time due to their love for the Sunbeam and the club. Wheras some give more than other based on their office role, I think Andrew deserves the most praise as he tirelessly, works behing the scenes on the website which is the clubs focal point.

The clubs weakness is often been the lack of volunteers who want to step up to an officer/helper role which is evident at election time.

It should also be noted that anyone can write articles for the website hence we started the present competition. Typically few step up to write articles.

Also please contact myself or Steve S with club questions.

Happy Beaming to all

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Ok. That's all I was concerned with. Thank you. :D

If I annoyed anyone I appoligize. :eek:

As far as helping the club, I'm here and ready to help as needed.

Andrew

SAOCA Web/Graphics Service
Donation Time
Ok. That's all I was concerned with. Thank you. :D
If I annoyed anyone I appoligize. :eek:
As far as helping the club, I'm here and ready to help as needed.

No, it is all good. It is nice to see that our members care about the club. I love seeing the growth in membership.:)

Andrew

Nickodell

Donation Time
The club has set up a system so that people can donate rather than there being a costly membership. As you state, some people really need the club to keep their cars on the road and others do not. People can also provide a donation with respect to their needs and their pocketbook. We do not wish to miss or lock out anyone from membership. We also provide access to our club site and forum free of charge unlike some other clubs. This being said we have a large number of members who do not provide a donation and it would be nice to see this change. I would hope that at some point our online membership will understand that small donation will help keep us stay on line and enables us to provide better service. A donation can be easily made and can be less than a few cups of coffee.

This has puzzled and annoyed me for years, how people with dozens, scores and in some cases hundreds of posts, don't contribute. I brought the subject up a couple of years ago and was jumped on by several members, the general themes being "who the h*ll are you to criticize?" and "what the **** has it got to do with you?" One member even posted a "yah yah de yah yah" because I only had a Gold membership while he had a platinum one (you know who you are.)

A club officer even thought it necessary, for some reason, to state that I was not writing on behalf of the club.

I still maintain that if you take advantage of the technical advice, support and fellowship of the Club, the least you can do is reach into your pocket for at least the price of a couple of Big Macs and fries once a year to help with the expenses. If not, you are a freeloader.

There. I've said it again. Stand by for abuse.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Are there plans for a 2011 photo contest? Getting tire of looking at that blue car... :D