• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

2010 Great Photo Contest

Andrew

SAOCA Web/Graphics Service
Donation Time
Your custom posters (13x19) full colour posters have been posted!

Yes, the 2010 Photo Contest was a great hit and Tony an Nick should have their posters in their hands in a couple of days.

I would like to thank them for being part of the club and the contest. If our members had fun with this and would like to see us do this again please ring in with your comments and ideas.

It would be best to hold the 2011 contest late in the year, say after the Invasion. This would give everyone a chance to find a great place to photo their car and include it in the contest.

We have included the two winning photos on our limited membership posters. You may see the artwork under the "Donate" tab at the top of our web site and forum pages.

First get your car all ready for spring and then clean up the old digital or 35mm, find a nice setting and go crazy.

Best Regards,
Andrew

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Andrew,

Got the three membership posters and a calendar in the mail today. Especially like the one of Bill's SV at the 56 Le Mans... (very cool) Nice job and thanks for everything you do for the club. Much appreciated.

I too hope this contest will continue and look forward to helping in the process on the next go-round.

Sincerely,

Nick

atallamcs

Donation Time
poster

Hi Andrew,
I have not received my poster yet. Maybe wrong address. Drop me an email or pm and I will give you my current address. Thanks
Bill Atalla

Andrew

Donation Time
Hi Bill,

Nick and Tony won the photo contest last year and I provided the posters to them. I provided custom printing at a larger format and they also received all of the posters designs for 2011.

The only way that others can receive a poster is through donation. I believe that Tony (our membership officer) has put all of these membership packages together and that they are on the way to our US members. All other memberships will be put together and shipped shortly.

I would think that you should see your own membership package and posters in the next few days.

Regards,
Andrew

tony perrett

Gold Level Sponsor
I am disappointed that I have not received my posters - I don't know how long it should take to ship to UK but I would be pleased to pay for a replacement set. Tony Perrett.

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
I had a similar issue as it took almost three weeks (according to the postage stamp) to get from Ontario to Arizona, but I can't believe you haven't gotten yours yet. That's not good. I've had mine for over 2 weeks now and they are framed on the wall of my garage already. If yours got lost or damaged in transit, I don't think it's fair you having to pay for the replacement shipment. Just my 2 cents.

Andrew, have you done a trace?

Andrew

Donation Time
Hi Tony,

I know that Nick has received his and I mailed them out at the same time. You do not have to pay for another set of prints, I only ask for a few more days to see if they are received. I provided the contest, graphics design time, printing to include the shipping out of my own pocket and I do not have a problem doing this. I only ask that you contact me again on the 23 of Feb and inform me if you have received the first set of prints. If not, I will print off another set of posters and mail them to you a second time. This time you will be required to sign for them to ensure that they are received.

I am sorry for any inconvenience.

Best Regards,
Andrew Masse

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Andrew,

I knew you did all the art part but didn't know you funded it too. :eek:

Thank you.

Andrew

Donation Time
Hi Nick,

It is not a big deal. I would just like to see more people involved with the club. It would be nice to see more photos for this year’s contest. I hope everyone will clean up their cars this year, pick a nice location and take some photos. This also provides content for me so that I can produce the annual club posters.

I look forward to the summer, the winter has been a rough one.

Regards,
Andrew

tony perrett

Gold Level Sponsor
Hi, Andrew, Thanks for your reply - let's give it until the end of the month as by that time we can be fairly sure that something has gone wrong. Knowing that you have funded the whole exercise yourself makes me insist on paying for any replacements. Regards, Tony.

tony perrett

Gold Level Sponsor
Hi, Andrew, I think that we may safely assume that the posters are now lost. I would be pleased to pay for the replacements to be Airmailed if you let me know the cost. Thanks again and I am sorry that this is causing so much trouble to you. Tony.

Andrew

Donation Time
Posters

Hi Tony,

You will not pay for another set of prints. The only thing I ask is for you to give me a private email with your address. I hate to provide a second set of prints and find out that I have the wrong address.

As soon as you provide an updated address I will mail out another set of prints.

Regards,
Andrew

tony perrett

Gold Level Sponsor
Andrew, The first set of Posters arrived today having been posted on 18 January. Many thanks - they are superb and I am very pleased with them. I insist on paying for the replacement set. Please let me know the cost and if I can use Paypal to your email address. Tony.

Andrew

Donation Time
Hi Tony,

I am glad you received the posters. I printed them at full scale 13 x 19, it is a nice size. The posters in a tube are a crazy price to ship. Canada post wanted $32.00 to post by air and $58.00 to post registered. I posted the original prints the most affordable way and it cost me $12.00.

The big thing to note is that when I visited our friendly Canada post they informed me that the original package would most likely still find its way to you. They informed me that I should give it 8 to 10 weeks! I packaged up a second set of prints but after I was quoted the price I decided to sit tight for another week. I am thankful that the poster made it to you as I didn't wish to spend that kind of money. I also do not expect a member of the club to pay for product that was promised to them.

All is good and I hope you enjoy the posters. It is great being able to help other Sunbeamers to produce custom content and to share our passion.

I hope we can get more people involved during the next photo competition. Get your cameras dusted off and your baby polished up, we will do this again in the late summer or fall! You have time to be creative!

Regards,
Andrew

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Not to start a fussing session but the most disturbing thing in Andrew's message is that he paid for the shipping. Is the Club in a financial state that it can't pick up the postage? Andrew was kind enough to use his time and skill to design and print the posters. He shouldn't have to eat the postage too.

I'm hoping that the membership packet shipping is paid by the Club and that Tom doesn't have to pay the postage on them.

Just asking....:confused:

Andrew

Donation Time
Hi Nick,

It is nice to know that you would go up to bat for me but there is no worry, the club will provide reimbursement for expenses as long as things go through the correct channels. I did not keep my receipts for the shipping and packaging so I did not expect reimbursement. The big this is that I did not wish to ship the prints a second time at such a high rate of expense. The cost for registered mail was too much for me to handle. I also felt that if it is too much for me to bite on, I assumed the club would feel the same way about such an expense.

The last thing I want is to have member think that I am here to make money off the backs of others. I am sure that people do not feel this way but I would never want anyone to have a inkling of this in the back of their minds.
Nick, the club and the people that I help have been great to me and this is why I do this work.

The club membership packages, printing and postage is all paid for by the club. The only expense I have with regard to the membership packages is the time I spend on the graphic art, design and logos production. I will keep doing what I do as long as people feel it provides a special touch to membership and our club. We must remember the Officers, it take Tom a great deal of time and care in making sure the everyone receives their membership package. We do a bunch of work in the background and at times it is hard to find the time.

I love the help I receive from the club and I enjoy the membership. All I can hope for is that others begin to feel the same way and that our members get more involved in the future (how about a tech story that we can publish in the Invasion Magazine).

Thanks again Nick, all is good!

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Okiedoke.... Then everything is square.

Being just a member I really don't want to meddle in the mechanics of the club more than necessary. I have served on the board of directors of several clubs/leagues/organizations and know how much time and sweat equity volunteer officers contribute. In most cases, it goes without notice, or a sense of purpose for the individual board members imposes a voluntary "code of silence". Board members expend time and energy for the good of the Club/League/Organization. That's time and energy that could be spent with the family or actually driving their car. (Which is why they got involved with the group in the first place) They shouldn't have to bear additional expence. That's what we pay dues for......

Which begs the question: Are we taking in enough voluntary and tiered dues to maintain the Club/ Website/Forum as well as mailings, printings and "regalia"? For what it's worth, I couldn't keep my car on the road without this forum. Some of us could but I couldn't. Additionally, I have friends from this group that I couldn't pick out of a crowd since I only know their forum names and their style of writing. I get a lot from this Club/Forum...So...

With all due respect, and without intent to cause any heat, I'd like to know: Are we taking in enough voluntary and tiered dues to maintain the Club?

Andrew

Donation Time
Okiedoke.... Then everything is square.
With all due respect, and without intent to cause any heat, I'd like to know: Are we taking in enough voluntary and tiered dues to maintain the Club?

Hi Nick,

The club has set up a system so that people can donate rather than there being a costly membership. As you state, some people really need the club to keep their cars on the road and others do not. People can also provide a donation with respect to their needs and their pocketbook. We do not wish to miss or lock out anyone from membership. We also provide access to our club site and forum free of charge unlike some other clubs. This being said we have a large number of members who do not provide a donation and it would be nice to see this change. I would hope that at some point our online membership will understand that small donation will help keep us stay on line and enables us to provide better service. A donation can be easily made and can be less than a few cups of coffee. We hope that what we do is to provide a colourful and an enhanced experience, especially during the winter months. We are here if you wish to share in your experience and we hope more members get involved with storytelling and provide documentation on how they maintain their cars. To me involvement and providing content or support is almost as good as a donation but that just my opinion.

Regards,
Andrew

Series6

Past President
Gold Level Sponsor
Thanks Andrew, but that doesn't exactly answer my concern. I just don't want to read on the forum someday we have to shut it down due to high use and low funds.

Andrew

Donation Time
Thanks Andrew, but that doesn't exactly answer my concern. I just don't want to read on the forum someday we have to shut it down due to high use and low funds.

Hi Nick,

Finance is not a part of my duties. I believe a financial statement is provided at the end of every year. You would have to provide an email to our President and Treasurer asking for a report on the status of the club. I am a little embarrassed as I have not taken interest in that end of things and I guess I should. I stated with the club in 2002 and I have no idea how each year has been. Memberships come due at the start of every year and this provides the funds for the web and forum service to include the membership packages. Steve or Chuck can inform you to when the next financial report can be provided.

See under the pull down "SAOCA INFO" at the top of the site and click on "SAOCA Officers", you wil find an email for Steve and Chuck.

Regards,
Andrew