• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

2008 SOS in Columbia, SC

Alpine Bob

Donation Time
Eric & Todd,
We'll be there with both cars this year. We'll be driving over on Friday. Anything happening on Friday evening? Looking forward to the drive on Saturday. Do you have a different place for the picnic after the drive or are we going back to the same place?

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hey Bob and Judy,

I look forward to seeing the two of you. The Friday night, October 3rd, I will be having a cookout for the show volunteers and wrapping up the last details for the show on Sunday. Do we have anyone else coming from the Georgia area? I know that you , Judy, Tom and Susan are registered so far. I am hoping that Jim and Avis Allen will join us for the SOS along with Steve Smith out of North Carolina. Sam Maw and James Gillespie are ya'll coming?? Jim E. I hope you have "VADER" ready for the SOS and put it in the show too.

Remember one lucky out of area person will win a free night at our host motel that will be given away at the SOS on Saturday, Oct. 4th.

Bob, the hardtop is 90% complete- whooo hoooo

Cheers,

65sunbeam

SAOCA Membership Director
Diamond Level Sponsor
OK-all you Southern Sunbeam Owners this is your chance to attend a Sunbeam event that is close to you. You have until Wednesday to do the early registration and save a few dollars and also get a gift for registering early. I will be posting the schedule of events soon-we will have a whole weekend of things to do for you and your spouse so it will be fun for all! This is the last Sunbeam event that is located in the South for awhile. The SUNI is next year in South Dakota which means that there will be no Invasion or United next year. This year's United is in Washington, DC. We will be taking some great Sunbeam drives on some of the finest roads in the state as well as participating in the huge British Car Show in Columbia, SC. Come join us! Eric

sammaw@bellsout

Silver Level Sponsor
Hi Todd, I will send in my registration form tomorrow. Hope I have the car running by then. Is there a separate registration for the SOS?

Hopefully some of the Upstate Guys will register, I handed out the forms you left with me.

Sam

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hey Sam,

There is not a separate registration for the SOS, it is free and just part of the fun filled weekend! Do you need any help getting your car running by then?

Cheers,
Todd

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hey Jim,

We look forward to seeing you and VADER out with us! Please try to make the Sunday show too! One of your favorite cars is coming this year! Judy's Seacrest Green Alpine will be with us! Bring those key blanks too and I'll pick them up then if you still have some left.

Cheers,

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
The SOS is less than two weeks away! Here is what we plan on doing-bring a Sunbeam and come join us. Or just come visit and see a lot of Sunbeams in one place and get ideas to finish your car.

Saturday Oct. 4th
9:30 AM-Meet at Camden South Carolina Revolutionary War Park. Take exit #98 on I-20 and go North on US 521 towards Camden for 1 1/4 miles, the park will be on your right. http://sciway3.net/outdoors/park-war.html Gas stations and breakfast places are nearby if you want to arrive earlier.

10:00 AM- Leave the park and head off on our "one lap around Lake Wateree" Very Sunbeam friendly roads with some wonderful twists and turns along the way. We will end up in the little town of Elgin, South Carolina for a great BBQ lunch and then head to Eric's house for some Sunbeam refreshments and to repair any Sunbeams that need fixing.

8:00-10:00 PM- Then it is on to a welcome reception at the car show's host hotel The Hampton Inn.

Sunday Sept. 23

8:30-12:00- Registration is open for the Carolina British Classics Car Show-see you there!
More info about the show and host hotel is at this website http://www.britishcarclubmidlandscentre.com/

Please email me (email is in my profile) and let me know how many to expect for our SOS or to ask any questions. There is no charge for the SOS!!
There is a registration fee for the British Car Show on Sunday and 200+ cars will be there. Eric

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
Fuel Availability

Hi Guys, I know the SOS is little more than a week away but in the Atlanta area gas is hard to find, plus with the media pumping('cuse the pun) up the story folks are buying gas daily, lines and stations out of gas are everywhere. Some places only let you buy 20$ . So what's it like in S C ?

Tom j

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hey Tom,

There is NOT a problem here. I would guess that 90% of all stations have gas and have all three grades. The price is $3.89 at most places. Bring your gas cans with you and fill them up!!!

The show is shaping up very nicely for Sunday. We are about 30 registrants ahead of last year. The SOS will have wonderful cool weather for our road trip and of course everyone loves going to Eric's house to see his "musuem" of Sunbeam stuff.

Look forward to seeing you and Susan in a couple of weeks. How about the rest of the Atlanta gang?? I know they would love to escape the BIG city for a Sunbeam weekend!

Cheers,

SIVAllan

Gold Level Sponsor
Good to hear that you'all have fuel available.

We are sorta dry over this way. Pumps all have plastic bags over the handles.

It's hard to obtain reliable information but it sorta looks like we have another week at least, of almost zero gasoline.

Our Governor encouraged everyone to attend the Alabama/Georgia football game, and begin conserving next week asap. :) :)

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
What a great Govenor! Football? / Gas? - Gas? / Football? Football will win everytime! Now ya'll come on to the S.O.S. and let's talk Sunbeam!!

Cheers,

65sunbeam

Diamond Level Sponsor
PERFECT weather for the SOS this coming weekend! How about a high of 75 and no rain? Come join us-it is not too late. No gas shortage here either. Eric

Green67Alpine

Former SAOCA Membership Director
Platinum Level Sponsor
PERFECT weather for the SOS this coming weekend! How about a high of 75 and no rain? Come join us-it is not too late. No gas shortage here either. Eric

Thanks Eric,

Great news, The gas joke is on us... long lines, panic buying, no gas at all, wtf ?
REALLY looking forward to getting out of the Atlanta area for a few days, "Come on Friday". We'll be in Columbia late afternoon. Shaping up to be an Alpine weekend !

Any one else heading that way from Atlanta ? Allan, Chris, Dwain, Steve,????

Jeff Scoville

Donation Time
The SUNI is next year in South Dakota which means that there will be no Invasion or United next year. This year's United is in Washington, DC. Eric

I've been a little out of the loop, am I to understand there will be no SAOCA Invasion in the year 2009?

alpine1963

Diamond Level Sponsor
To those that atre coming in on Friday October 3rd I will meet you on Saturday morning October 4th at 9:00 AM in the lobby of the Hampton Inn to convoy out to our meeting point for our road trip. Have a safe trip in to Columbia. The weather forcast is:

Saturday (24 hours): Abundant sunshine. Highs in the upper 70s and lows in the mid 50s.
Sunday (24 hours): Partly cloudy. Highs in the upper 70s and lows in the upper 50s.

For those of you that came last year I'm sure you remember how hot it was!! This will be a perfect weekend to go Sunbeaming.

There are some fun give-a-ways, one free weekend stay at the host motel, some goodies from our Sunbeam suppliers etc. which will all be given away when we get to Eric's house.

Sam in Spartanburg and Steve in Charlotte, I hope you can both make it for the lap around the lake!

Cheers,

Series3Scott

Co-Founder/Past President
Platinum Level Sponsor
I've been a little out of the loop, am I to understand there will be no SAOCA Invasion in the year 2009?

Yes and No - the SAOCA, along with other Rootes car clubs, will be coming together next June for the SUNI event, which happens every 5 years. We'll be "invading" that event with our members and cars, and hope to have over 50 Alpines to celebrate the golden anniversary of the Alpine.

You can find more information on the SUNI event here:

http://www.sunbeamalpine.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=54