• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

2.8 in a Ranger - Cedar City = St. George, Utah

gordonra

Donation Time
Thanks Jose,

I understand what you are saying, but I'm not going the extra mile to qualify the leads. I figure if someone is interested they'll answer the ad and get the details.

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Rich,

I wasn´t trying to teach you something you already know, Iwanted to let others know that they need to know what years are correct. I appreciate all the help you give the Dark Side croud in finding the necessary parts for the conversion.

Jose

gordonra

Donation Time
No offense meant or taken....

Sorry if my response was a short. My first Grandson was born last night and I'm a little light on sleep.

Rich

Cooper12

Donation Time
Hi Rich,

If it is really a 1997 Ranger, it can´t be a 2.8 V6. The Rangers only came with the 2.8 V6 in 1983-1985. After that, they went with the 2.9, 3.0 and 4.0 V6s. Sometimes the owner doesn´t really know what he has.

Jose

If I may ask are all the 2.8 compatible as far as mustang ranger pinto with a alpine conversion ?

gordonra

Donation Time
Did anyone check on the ad? Jose is correct of course, 97 is to late for the 2.8. I didn't catch it when I listed it here.

Rich

V6 JOSE

Donation Time
Hi Cooper12,

All the 2.8 V6´s Years 1974-1979 and 1983-1985), no matter which vehiucle they come in, (Mustang II, Mustang, Pinto, Bobcat, Capri, CapriII, Aerostar van, Ranger, Bronco II) are the same on the outside and will fit any Series Alpine.

Any other year than the above years is not a 2.8 V6. The 1972-1973 Capris did have a 2.6 V6 that will also fit the Alpines, but they are obsolete and parts for them are scarce and expensive, so I don´t recommend them.

Jose

If I may ask are all the 2.8 compatible as far as mustang ranger pinto with a alpine conversion ?

Cooper12

Donation Time
Hi Cooper12,

All the 2.8 V6´s Years 1974-1979 and 1983-1985), no matter which vehiucle they come in, (Mustang II, Mustang, Pinto, Bobcat, Capri, CapriII, Aerostar van, Ranger, Bronco II) are the same on the outside and will fit any Series Alpine.

Any other year than the above years is not a 2.8 V6. The 1972-1973 Capris did have a 2.6 V6 that will also fit the Alpines, but they are obsolete and parts for them are scarce and expensive, so I don´t recommend them.

Jose

Thank you Jose
Jason aka Cooper12