• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

2.8 EFI

loose_electron

Donation Time
Modern EFI has tables to compensate for injector opening and closing times that are supply voltage based. If the controller is messing up on its internal supply voltage measurement it will also supply an erroneous compensation to injector time.

When I was getting out of engineering school (1979) the insult was "he's good enough to do automotive electronics" - which at that era was pretty appropriate. Nowadays things are a lot more complex.

That said, there are ways of taking power into this thing, 24V to 8V, with all sorts of ugly noise, and turning it into a rock solid no noise, will not fail, will not change voltage, 12V to control things. It's about $5-$8 in parts to boot. Sounds to me like the internal electronics need some help.

I looked though the install instructions and you really can't tell what's inside the box. If properly designed then every single connection would have been filtered and cleaned up going into the electronics, but you can't really tell what they did.

If anybody has a factory contact, send them my way.

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Hope you can get it to work. I think it would be a nice improvement over the Carb system.