• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

2.8 dist

bluoval

Donation Time
Hello have a mallory duel point dist mech advan in the 2.8 and the points are out of sinc, it will hardly run with both sets of points if i disconect 1 set and run on 1set seems to run fine.Am to the point of converting to the ford dura spark. One thing comes to mind before i swap out the ign sys. I have a ranger block is the dist drive gear dif than the mutt ll drive gear?? thanks Earl bluoval

Cactusmasher

Donation Time
2.8 distributor

No difference in the drive gear......distributors are interchangeable and with the Dura Spark system, you never have to fiddle with the points again. Set it once and keep on drivin'.

bluoval

Donation Time
pinto dist

just got off the phone with my local nape parts store and they advise me that there are 2 diff dists one with a sinngle vacume and one with a duel vacume. which one do i order, have the offy intake with the holy 390 elect choke napa lists the parts nos as 482691dist Ic21 coil tp45b module thanks Earl blu oval

RootesRacer

Donation Time
The dual vacuum is for 77 and up emissions controlled engines.

I would avoid that as it takes some other hardware for the manifold vacuum side you probably wouldnt want to deal with.

bluoval

Donation Time
thank you

Thank you both for your quick answers... when it comes to elect I'm a duck out of the water... Earl bluoval