• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

2.8 Aluminum valve covers

mr.vman

Donation Time
Some time ago, there was a group buy on aluminum 2.8 V6, valve covers (rocker covers) from Ireland. Curious, how was crankcase ventilation achieved? There is only one fill outlet/inlet, no provision that I can see for second vent or PCV valve. Perhaps buy two covers both with the same fill/inlet/outlet and install the PCV in that cover or? Is there a special cap that fits into fill/inlet/outlet that would have to be ordered also from Europe or? Thanks for the help on this. Steve V. 2.8 in Arizona

DanR

Diamond Level Sponsor
Mr.vman, I was involved in the group purchase and the Gent we bought the valve covers from is John Redmond. He is most accommodating with his buyers. He can drill and tap the covers about any way you desire.

Suggest you get in touch with him. He is also a member of this Forum.

I believe there is another Member wanting to get some V Covers from him, maybe you two can team up for another group buy. I may also be interested in some more (I bought two sets) for a couple of my other projects....

Keep me posted,

Last edited:

mr.vman

Donation Time
Thank you for the reply. I am considering ordering a set of the covers from Ireland or, the Ford Sierra covers. My concern is; The oil filler, PCV hole and? What size is the oil filler hole? What cap fits to cover the oil filler hole. Is it the same cap the Ford Cross Flow uses or? PCV, not sure what to do on this one, I do know the engine needs a PCV system. Often sizes and specifications get lost when working across the Atlantic, hence my questions. If all needed parts are available here in the USA no problem. If not, need to figure out where in Europe to get the needed parts. Steve V. V6 in Arizona