• Welcome to the new SAOCA website. Already a member? Simply click Log In/Sign Up up and to the right and use your same username and password from the old site. If you've forgotten your password, please send an email to membership@sunbeamalpine.org for assistance.

If you're new here, click Log In/Sign Up and enter your information. We'll approve your account as quickly as possible, typically in about 24 hours. If it takes longer, you were probably caught in our spam/scam filter.

Enjoy.

1973 Tiger...

hillmanhuskyguy

Silver Level Sponsor
It made BringaTrailer today too.
Seems to be alot of discussion on what it really is.
All I know is it's cool & in rough shape.

RootesRacer

Donation Time
Does a car that old have to meet period safety or air pollution specs in most states?

No, most states have relaxed emmisions reqs, and no safety reqs.

The big issue is not having such a vehicle in the states database.
When I registered my alpine in CO, they needed to go back to early 70s docs to verify what it was for valuation.
Until they found that info, they were in no position even to register it.

I can only imagine what a state DOT would do with a vehicle that doesnt belong in the US. In California for instance, the state can keep the vehicle in impound till you produce documentation to prove it can be allowed both federally and in the state. I have first hand experience with a sports car that was never imported to the US getting stuck in customs for 2 years waiting for proof of emissions compliance.
Basically it cost $30k to get a single CARB exemption to allow import.

Fun Fun.

65beam

Donation Time
1973 tiger

the add says it has a clear ohio title so why would there be a problem? it's been cleared and titled in the U.S. it's here and has been on the road. i have bought cars from many states and never had a problem getting them titled in ohio. all that is done if i bring a car from another state is i have to take it and have the vin number verified, the proper document is signed and i go to the title department at the local courthouse and they issue a new title in my name. maybe 15 minutes total! then i get it insured and go to the local office and walk out with license tags.why is that so difficult in other states? common sense needs to prevail.